Very Late Coz Trip Report - Long

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn:
I assume you mean La Perlita (the little pearl). It's way back northeast of the center of town in a residential area, not really walking distance from the Plaza. Actually, it's not far from El Moro, if you know where that is.

Take a cab; they all know it.

I Love Perlita...we eat there (get fish to go) at least 3 times a week! We also eat at El Moro 2 or 3 times a week, lunch or dinner, din-in or "para llevar" (to go).

Both ARE walking distance from my house :)

Bad thing is, I can't even tell you the exact cross streets for Perlita...I jsut know how to get there :)

Christi:
I Love Perlita...we eat there (get fish to go) at least 3 times a week! We also eat at El Moro 2 or 3 times a week, lunch or dinner, din-in or "para llevar" (to go).

Bad thing is, I can't even tell you the exact cross streets for Perlita...I jsut know how to get there :)

We tried it last May on a recommendation from Jeanie, the manager of Caribe Blu. It immediately went on our list of faves.

A place we heard about too late last time to try is Especias. What's your take on it?

ggunn:
We tried it last May on a recommendation from Jeanie, the manager of Caribe Blu. It immediately went on our list of faves.

A place we heard about too late last time to try is Especias. What's your take on it?

ggunn...........Especias was very good last time we were there which was last May. Its good but IMO La Pealita is better

5615mike:
ggunn...........Especias was very good last time we were there which was last May. Its good but IMO La Pealita is better

Thanks. We'll give Especias a try when I'm there again in May again. We met the owner of Especias on our last night there while we were eating at Casa Denis - he's the son of somebody in Casa Denis, IIRC. We'll definitely go back to La Perlita, too.

So, you're going in April?

Christi:

Corner of Ave 65 and Calle 10. Thanks for the correct spelling. I would have struggled finding it!

ggunn:
Thanks. We'll give Especias a try when I'm there again in May again. We met the owner of Especias on our last night there while we were eating at Casa Denis - he's the son of somebody in Casa Denis, IIRC. We'll definitely go back to La Perlita, too.

So, you're going in April?

Either April or May. Not sure. We usually go in May and Sept or Oct.. We really prefer low season. If we go in April we might try to sneak in a short trip to Belize in June or July. Keep trying to get a trip planned to Grand Turk but its so darn far away that you really need 10 days or more to really make it worth the trip.

5615mike:
Either April or May. Not sure. We usually go in May and Sept or Oct.. We really prefer low season. If we go in April we might try to sneak in a short trip to Belize in June or July. Keep trying to get a trip planned to Grand Turk but its so darn far away that you really need 10 days or more to really make it worth the trip.

We'll be there May 8-22. Hope there's not tornadoes in Conroe this time!

That's what screwed up Continental's schedule and our plan to meet up in the HOU airport last May; my mom and her husband got hung up in Lake Charles and, like you, missed the connection to CZM. They were told that they were going to have to wait until the next day, but he made a little bit of a scene and got Cont to route them through Mexico City to CZM that day. How did you get there?

Yep,have to agree on Marricabio.

Dove it Dec 24 or 25 (the log is not with me right now). First time I have had a chance to dive it. Made it a good one. Below 137 . 10min of true deco.

This would be the only day of my trip where we had truely advanced and skilled divers on the boat.

Did a few other sites I had never been to.

Ron

Ron Brandt:
Yep,have to agree on Marricabio.

Dove it Dec 24 or 25 (the log is not with me right now). First time I have had a chance to dive it. Made it a good one. Below 137 . 10min of true deco.

To each his own. I dove Maracaibo last year; been there, done that, bragging rights, etc. I don't know that I'll do it again. Most of the dive we spent getting down and getting back up. Deco, yeah. I think we had about 5-10 minutes at depth (~160 ft, IIRC), and we didn't really see anything that we hadn't seen other places, except the wall itself coming up at us out of the gloom as we descended; that was impressive.

All in all, I prefer Palancar or the Punta Sur Cathedral.

Back
Top Bottom