Very Dissatisfied with Oceanic Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While not a fan of UPS you can generally can call them and they will hold the package so you can pick it up at their facility.

I made my dissatisfaction very public. And so I also want to make it very clear that once Doug Krouse got involved the problem was simply handled. I am very grateful for the way he handled this. And I wanted that to be known just as publicly as my initial dissatisfaction. Thank you Doug.

Carl Jess

carl,

I have just one question: when UPS informed you that it was signature required, why didn't you have them hold it at the UPS facility so you could pick it up there and sign for it?

An inconvenience yes, but it may have helped the issue a little. Interestingly enough, it seems as though you are letting an isolated incident over one order ruin your trust in their customer service. Granted it only takes once in some cases, but over a wrist boot....

Doug has been a wonderful asset on this website and it appears that he wants to retain you and your wife as customers. Don't give up on them over this little issue. It very well might have been an issue where more orders came in for that specific piece than expected during the time your order was placed. I had a similar problem to yours while waiting on the transit clip, compass, and compass boot for my VT3 computer which was making me absolutely po-ed. BUT, since it did not impact my ability to dive there was no reason to get out and "flog" someone as Doug put it.

I also had serious battery issues with my VT3 within 20 dives of purchase. As a new Oceanic customer this was frustrating and shattered my confidence on my first purchase. Again, Doug came to the rescue and listened to my complaint regarding the issue. We both agreed that changing the battery was the first step and that if it did not correct the problem that he would replace the computer or refund what I had spent on it. Turned out that there was a bad batch of batteries as I was not the only person this effected. Had myself and others not let them know they would have never known the source of the issue which could have turned into a mass recall of the VT3 thus costing them a lot of money when it was actually something simple and user-correctable.

Hopefully Doug's efforts will help retain you and your wife as Oceanic customers. Great job Doug!

I made my dissatisfaction very public. And so I also want to make it very clear that once Doug Krouse got involved the problem was simply handled. I am very grateful for the way he handled this. And I wanted that to be known just as publicly as my initial dissatisfaction. Thank you Doug.

Carl Jess

I'm glad Doug got it straightened out for you.

Classy move posting again. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

carl,

I have just one question: when UPS informed you that it was signature required, why didn't you have them hold it at the UPS facility so you could pick it up there and sign for it?...

Obviously I can't speak for the OP. But, I can comment on my experience.

In similar situations I couldn't make contact with UPS. They weren't open when I could get there. So, the item went back to the sender; with both of us unhappy.

One case was sort of humorous. A friend thought to surprise me with a package of that expensive meat. My mailing address was a PO Box. UPS accepted the shipment with the PO Box as the delivery address.

Of course they don't deliver to PO Boxes. So, they sent me a postcard telling me the box was at their facility and wanting delivery instructions. I received the card on a Saturday when their retail counter was closed (of course I had no idea what was in the package). I called their central phone number that evening.

The package was delivered on Monday. By that time the meat was, "Well Aged".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom