Vero beach shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are there any locations in or around Vero Beach to shore dive? If not , are there any good local dive operators?

The entire coast in Vero Beach has 2-3 lines of stony reefs out from the coast. Visit Deep 6 Divers in Vero Beach; they have a guide to shore dives.

Check out the Vero Beach Scuba Club forum on this website (under Florida Dive Groups and Clubs) and Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook (pretty active). I'm pretty familiar with the Sebastian\Vero area -- but have never managed to get a dive in there. Surf and wind mean that visibility along the shore is often near zero, but visibility can be good when the weather cooperates. I've either driven down to Jupiter to boat dive or to Blue Heron Bridge for a shore dive. Jupiter is about as far north as you'll find regular commercial dive operators, and there are some very good ones there and in West Palm.

My understanding is that shore dive conditions around the Sebastian\Vero area are usually best from late Spring to maybe early Fall, but others are more knowledgeable on that than I would be.

Not Vero, but the remains of the Urca de Lima Spanish 1715 wreck off-shore near Ft. Pierce. My son and I swam out to it from shore when he was 10 or 11. I shared my octopus and it was his first time using scuba in open water. We easily found the ship's keel in the reef and as I recall, they have some concrete cannons out there replicating the originals. It's a fun, historical dive and the vis was great when we did it years ago.

Are there any locations in or around Vero Beach to shore dive? If not , are there any good local dive operators?
Hi! i'm the founder of the Vero Beach Scuba Club. Be sure to check us out on Facebook.

Vero diving is hit and miss this time of year. Surf picks up and makes for poor viz and lots of surge. That said, on a flat day, we have some great local dives. The wreck of the Breconshire is a local favorite and is reachable from Humiston Park. That is a great area with 4 lines of reef to check out.

Good information here. Wisconsin is a long journey down to Vero Beach. Have sister in law and nieces and nephews here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom