Vero Beach, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vino21

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading down to Vero Beach Florida in Nov.-Dec. 2011 and never been diving in that area. Anyone know of any place that offer group dives shore or boat? Or just someone who I can dive with that knows the underwater sites.
Thanks.

Nov/Dec are real hit & miss...most likely miss. If you hit it right, there are some super ledges to dive off the beach

Why do you say it is a miss? Weather wise?

The strong cold fronts begin coming into Florida then. It kicks up the seas and viz drops to 0

Hello and Happy New Year!
I'm trying to find information about boat diving in or near Vero Beach, Florida. Can you recommend a boat dive operator around there? We can drive a little if it would be better diving, but we will be staying in Vero Beach and only for the weekend of Jan. 21st. Thank you

diving is hit and miss here in Vero because the viz goes from zero to murky to 20' day to day.
that said, there are some awesome shore dives complete with big and abundent sea life. yesterday we were out and saw whales close to shore and more varied fish than even i expected.

i've got hundreds of dives in the local Vero waters. let me know when you're here and we'll point ya in the right direction. best boat ops are 40 minutes south in jupiter. personally i like the Blue Tang (www.divebluetang.com). great boat and crew.

there is some great spearing here and a very active spear community of divers. our reef system is 50-100 feet off the beach in many places. Right now the viz is gone but last week we had huge sheepshead, snappers, big snook (but can't take those) and more. One of the divers speared a nearly 30 inch flounder.

there is some great spearing here and a very active spear community of divers. our reef system is 50-100 feet off the beach in many places. Right now the viz is gone but last week we had huge sheepshead, snappers, big snook (but can't take those) and more. One of the divers speared a nearly 30 inch flounder.
What kind of depth range? Free diving or scuba?

Back
Top Bottom