veo180 upgrade options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to weigh my options for a flaky veo180... We have had battery problems on and off in the 5 years since we bought it. Some due to crappy batteries, but also some unexplained (like in the trip we just returned from). So I have a couple of questions. I have a veo200 that has had battery problems, but I believe all of them due to bad batteries. We use the download cable for both. What current models if any use the same usb cable as the 180/200? I have heard in the past that Oceanic offers upgrade deals. How do I find out about that? And I guess finally any thoughts on the cost effectiveness of going through the repair process for the 180? It can't have more than 200 dives on it and i like that the interface between it and my 200 are similar. Just a bit more detail on the flakiness if it helps in suggestions... Serviced at the beginning of the year using a Sony battery I provided to the lds. Survived a weekend of rescue diver course 2 weeks ago (6ish dives). Made it a handful of dives into this past weeks trip and between dives flashed low bat. While I was removing it from the console it beeped, showed full bat again and reset the dive counter back to zero so the next repetitive dives started at 1. I opened the computer to check and it was in fact the Sony I had asked to put in. I left the battery in and we made it another couple of days and it did the low bat thing again. This time I put in a fresh Sony and either later that day or the next day I had a low bat again. This time I took the battery out again and cleaned the compartment well since there was a bit of oring grease in there. Fine for the next couple of days. So either there is a bad contact or something more serious.
Well that's my story. Any suggestions appreciated! btw the 180 is my wife's so the cost of a reliable solution is priceless :)
Thanks, Mike

I have both the Veo 180 nad a Pro Plus 2. They both use the same cable. While not as bad as you have my Veo tends to go thru batts. very qiuckly. I have change that one 3 times in 3 years while my ProPlus still is going strong on original Batt. I enjoy my Pro because the numbers are easy to read and it does give you all the info when you upload
Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom