Veo 250 Battery Prematurely Draining

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim T.

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After 2 yrs. and over a hundred dives on the lst battery, the last two recent batteries have drained to the 75% warning point after only 2 to 4 dives.

Is there an in shop way to test the Veo 250 to see if it's an internal problem?
My computer is 2 yrs. old or a little older. I can get the battery tested easily enough
to see if it' really low or if the 'puter is giving a false reading, but is there a way
to find out without sending it in to the factory and going without a computer for 2 or more weeks?

Also, any recommendations for finding a place who can test the battery? The shop doesn't have a tester. Radio shack? Don't have the number handy, but it's one of the larger "watch/camera" type, round batteries.

Thanks!

Seems to be a problem with certain manufacturers batteries... Something about the pulse current rating. Try some searches in here, lots of discussion. Oceanic recommends using Sony or Panasonics. We fought this problem on both our 200 and 180's for the past 2 years - ie after the first battery replacement. LDS finally admitted to a bad batch of batteries. I now insist on the oceanic replacement kit to be used and both comps have been fine all year... Worth a try.

Yep I had the same issue with my Oceanic Versa Pro... appears some batteries have sat around a while or are just really not up for it... I ended up with a Duracell (finally) and it worked tons better than the Radio Shack and Sony branded batteries...

I am having a similiar problem with a VT Pro so I will have to give this a shot.... I was just about to buy a new VT3 so hopefully this will work...

Phil

I've been hoping for some imput from Oceanic about this, here.
They've always been excellent about responding with feedback. I also emailed their
tech help dept. and never received a response. I'm diving with a duracell now and will see what happens.

Hopefully I will get out and get a new batt this weekend, and dive it on Sunday. If I do I will let you know how it works out...

Phil

Just read old threads regarding the pulse power style batteries. If my duracell doesn't last, I'll try a Sony or Panasonic (or Sanyo?) and see if that does the trick. If not, I'll have to get the 'puter checked out.

I just put a Energizer battery in my VT Pro and it is now working just fine. I had been using a batteries Plus brand battery (3 of them) it would power the computer but I kept getting a Low Battery warning, then it would just die after only a few dives.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom