Ventura Dive Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kymma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking to go diving out of Ventura this summer. Anyone know of any good dive shops/boats to go with?

I have a lot of friends who love the Peace.

I've dived with the Sand Dollar, a very similar boat out of San Pedro. I would definitely recommend it.

You can find all the links to Cal. boats here

No, not refering to the current political situation (although it would be nice).

I've been on the Peace and had several good dives with them around Anacapa. I would recommend the boat. They also have a hot tub that was a nice benefit after my last dive!

Dr. Bill

kymma once bubbled...
Looking to go diving out of Ventura this summer. Anyone know of any good dive shops/boats to go with?

Hey kymma I live in Ventura and know most of the boats and shops here and in Santa Barbara. What kind of trip(s) are you looking for? Be a little more specific and I'll be happy to give you some thoughts or even check with them on specific trips for you.

~<//><

The family and I just dove the Spectre this weekend and were very pleased with the trip. Captain Ted was the most friendly boat captain I have met yet. The crew was especially attentive and with a full boat even remembered our names. Food was great.

Norda once bubbled...
The family and I just dove the Spectre this weekend and were very pleased with the trip. Captain Ted was the most friendly boat captain I have met yet. The crew was especially attentive and with a full boat even remembered our names. Food was great.

Hey, what's this ... you dove the Spectre and you didn't stop in and say hi?!

~<//><

Took a few day trips with them last fall and had a great time. They let you dive your dive but are very attentive to the safety and cater to all needs. Free chicken BBQ lunch on weekdays and good (but kind of expensive) menu on the weekends. There is a hot tub onboard but on a 40 pax boat its kind of crowded. They seemed to mainly dive Anacapa Island which is fun.

Dave

Thanks for the great information. I am looking for a day boat mainly. I just booked a dive on the Spectre and will see how that goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom