venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
South of the Pier... follow Harbor Drive south.. you'll go by Sharkeys and places to park. Harbor eventually ends at a parking location as well. :)
That parking area sucks. Get full fast and you have a long walk.
Bring a dolly if you have one.

Let me try and Clear (no pun intended) up the issue of the sewage that Ann mentioned. Roberts Bay is North of the Alhambra Site. It is the small body of water that divers coming from the north will cross over if you take the northern Exit to Venice from 75 (Osprey, Nokomis) I think it's exit 200. Anyway for the water to be effected it has to pass out through the Venice Inlet (North and South Jetties) which is roughly a mile or so North of Venice Public Beach up the main road. Even though it would be possible to have some contamination 10,000 gallons of sewage dissolved into all the Hundreds of thousands of gallons of Saltwater in the Bay and then into the Gulf of Mexico it's not likely that there would be any ill effects from it. Besides just make sure you keep your reg in place and pretend you are in Mexico.....Don't Drink the Water

OK, I'm done.

Now when is the next party there.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Yeah, WildBill, but last time, I did get sick :sick:

The south beach is called Called Casperson beach. It's rocky, but you can find sharks' teeth right on the beach. I've never dove there, but would be up for a dive there tommorow (Sat 07/17). Any takers? It looks like the sewage spill was north of there, and I'd rather dive there than Alhambra.

Or maybe Red Rock Reef? That's off Boca Grande. It's an artificial reef about 200 yards off shore. It's a 3.50 toll (is that right, Colin?), then $2.00 to park (which you only pay if you can see the reef from shore (yardstick for vis is good)

I'm up for Venice/Caspersen/Boca Grande tomorrow (7/17).. When and where? Went to Caspersen today for the first time (out exploring). Nice area..

reefguy: When I went to Boca yesterday, it was $3.50..

3.50 for toll, .75hr for parking $3 all day. Typical county park I believe. If the vis was bad at venice today, it'll be the same tomorrow and all the way down to boca. Not even considering wasting my time to go :)

Hmmm... Bad weather outlook for today... This sucks:

CHARLOTTE-CITRUS-DE SOTO-HARDEE-HERNANDO-HIGHLANDS-HILLSBOROUGH-LEE-
LEVY-MANATEE-PASCO-PINELLAS-POLK-SARASOTA-SUMTER-
531 AM EDT SAT JUL 17 2004

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST FLORIDA.

SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS WILL FORM DURING TODAY AS UPPERLEVEL DISTURBANCES MOVE ACROSS NORTHERN FLORIDA. THE BEST CHANCE
FOR THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY WILL BE NORTH OF A ST. PETERSBURG TO WINTER HAVEN LINE. A FEW STORMS COULD BECOME STRONG WITH THE MAIN HAZARD BEING DAMAGING WINDS. FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING...HEAVY RAINS AND SMALL HAIL ARE ALSO POSSIBLE WITH THE STORMS.

Good thing I scheduled to just to do work today I've got a few PC's for clients that it'd be nice to finish today and have tomorrow and the begining of the week as a "returning hardware, collecting money" days :)

Yeah, saw the weather up towards Venice and went to the park instead.

Sorry, bdrannick, didn't see your post until just now.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom