Venice yak diving, anyone interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am gonnna be on the west coast (Ft. Myers) Christmas weekend. Wanna get together maybe on Saturday? Have a picnic n paddle?
Is there a dog friendly/kid friendly park that we can paddle? I was thinking the nature center right off the highway in N. Ft. Myers near the power plant, but no dogs allowed.. and there's alligators to!

Sounds interesting, I'll have to check with my social coordinator/wife and make sure I'm not forgettting any family activities, but sounds good.:confused: Not sure I understand the location description?

talking to my friend from Ft. Myers, she mentioned
"4 mile Cove ECO park" in Cape Coral...
Also open to other suggestions..
Dog friendly would be good but not mandatory. We can leave the dogs at home.
How about Lover's Key? Pine Island?

EDIT: I ment, leave the dogs at my friends house, not here on the east coast...

Last edited:
If the vis is decent, I'd rather paddle & dive.:)

I would rather dive too.. but two things:
1. I have a small car. Loading gear (with lots of neoprene), dogs, kayak, Christmas stuff, and provisions for a couple days is a really tight fit at best.
2. The water is too dang cold! Call me a wimp.

So, if anybody wants to get together and paddle we can, if folks want to dive that's great! And when the water gets warmer, I am so game for some diving and paddling!

I understand but, I don't know how your boat is but, on mine, ya get a wet butt anyway cuz it's a sit on top. Without the neoprene, it can get a tad bit uncomfy when the water is cold. I can understand if ya don't want to dive. The weather may not be good for it anyway but, just so ya know, I do have extra tanks if you'd want to borrow one.

ohhh... I haven't paddled my kayak in the winter before, this could be interesting...

Cool beans on the tanks.. will keep it in mind, if I decide to pack gear.

If I could find camping nearby, I'd strongly consider this. I tried to find a camping spot for the nights of 12/25 and 26 in the Keys but they are GONE like the wind. Any locals have a line on tent camping that permits dogs in that area?

Jenny let's do Oleta and/or West Lake REAL SOON!!!

I think there is a KOA on Pine Island.

KOAs are really expensive. Was hoping for a county or state park. Not sure I can make it anyway, I have another foster dog arriving Sunday. But I sure would like to go kayak caming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom