Venice - Sunday 7/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey a couple of us from Lakeland are heading down to Venice on Sunday.

We are only going to do 1 tank dive just to get in the water. Then we are going to have lunch somewhere TBD.

Anyone else in?

My cell is 863 860-5189

I've been trying to get out there, so (at this point) count me in. Depending on babysitting, but I think I've got that covered. It's been stormy over here (30 miles south), but it's supposed to clear starting today. Cbulla said that it had been silted over, hopefully this has blown all that stuff off.

Another one for the count.. Should be able to make it.

Which of the Venice beach areas did you have in mind? I guess the main 4 would be: a) Venice public beach area b) Alhambra site a little bit more south c) near Sharky's pier d) Caspersen site little further south down the beach yet..

dive4funOften: A good place for lunch would be the Marker 4 restaurant, next door to Florida West Scuba.. Only 5 minutes from the beach areas and good food.

I hate making decisions :06:

Anyway, there has been a lot of storms and several inches of rain here in the past few days. It usually not good for the viz but it was clear today and as long as the winds stay down or from the east it could be OK.

I'll have to see how many "honey do's" I get done on Saturday as to whether I get to go play or not. :wink:

Of course not bragging or anything but I can wake up Sunday morn. and decide then to go or stay :eyebrow:

Wildbill:cop_2:

Gee I think I have all the questions covered in my title.

There are about 10 of us coming from Lakeland.

Wildbill - you have bragging rights! You deserve them but just you wait!!

We are leaving my house at 8:30 - hopefully we will be ther around 10:00.

CBulla:
Boat diving this weekend.. spearing - ya'll let me know how much more sand is up at alhambra :D

????

dive4funOften:

There has been so much of a build up of sand at Alhambra that its hardly worth my time to drive up there anymore. What used to be an area that I could easily pick up 70-120 teeth a dive is now under 8" of sand hence my recommendation that some scouting be done further south of the pier.

When time allows, I'm going to go dive Manasota key again now that I know what I am looking for in tooth diving... thats a spot that very few divers visit... just a hint :D

CBulla:
There has been so much of a build up of sand at Alhambra that its hardly worth my time to drive up there anymore. What used to be an area that I could easily pick up 70-120 teeth a dive is now under 8" of sand hence my recommendation that some scouting be done further south of the pier.

When time allows, I'm going to go dive Manasota key again now that I know what I am looking for in tooth diving... thats a spot that very few divers visit... just a hint :D

Last time I was there (alhambra) we got quite a few teeth. I think the group got a total of 6 megs. I got a perfect one that was real nice and a hemipriestes.

When were you there? What exactly got covered in 8 ft of sand?

I think a couple of people are coming from your area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom