Venice - Shark tooth dive August 31st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am posting this early:

I am doing the family thing on Labor Day weekend and I will be staying walking distance from Alahambra Road. Aristikat is off that weekend, so I would like to do a shore dive with someone on Sunday August 31st (assuming I am not too scared after my Isla Guadalupe trip :sharkattack:)

I have never dove at Venice or done a shore dive :D I will buy A fine mesh bag and an appropriate Dive Flag

Let me know if you are interested

Thanks

Sean
Check with the Aristikat I think he might be going out that weekend.

vis in 28 ft 1-3ft, 22ft same , water conditions were NO MORE JELLY FISH YEA seas were 2 ft winds south to moving to sw..
Just check aristakat calender and see that spots are open for labor day weekend. Yeahhh he is open for trips, anyone want to join me? I'm stoked!!!!!

When are you going? We might get in on that. We're already commited to meet up w/the crew Sun at 9:30. We are scalloping on Sat. So, monday?

I just picked up the Dive Rite TransPac setup w/the Trek Wing. Can't wait to square it all away and the wife just got a new Cressi BCD and a 1 of the new aqua lung side discharge reg setups. Gonna be a fun day:14:

we do 2

Nice! I use a BP/W set up as well and I really like it

I think i am going to try to bring my boat so i can get out to the boneyard... I am not sure how to find alhambra by water to meet you guys. Any thoughts?

Alhambra is just south of venice beach - I am sure we could guide you by cell phone

699 Alhambra Rd, 34285 - Google Maps

Once more, I show my lack of Florida knowledge by only being down here for three or four months! DOH! :)

Mylynch21, whats the boneyard? You can PM if you want! Or post! Its all good!

Todd,

From what I have read - The boneyard is a fossil bed about a mile out in slightly deeper water

Sean

Guys, I think we need to reconsider this dive. I just talked to Ken at Florida West. The vis off the beach within swimming distance is horrible. They are having to boat people out a mile or more to do any of the tooth dives. I don't know about you, but I'm not big on swimming a mile, diving, and then swimming a mile back in! If anyone who has done this dive before has better info that negates what Ken said, please let me know, as I'd love to do the dive but it is not sounding like it's worth the gas money right now. But, FYI for future reference-you don't need to reserve tanks beforehand, you can stop in any time and grab one.

Well the vis by sunday may be better... then again it could be worse it depends on the interim winds. It is 6 days away so don't write it off too quickly, I Dive. Really you only need a foot or two of vis to hunt. You are just swimming along looking at the bottom...

That being said i like diving a mile off at the boneyard anyway... i have much better luck out there.

I hope the vis will be better by Sunday, will just have to wait and SEE :D. I will be there with my dive gear regardless - I am spending the a few days with the family.

Sean

When are you going? We might get in on that. We're already commited to meet up w/the crew Sun at 9:30. We are scalloping on Sat. So, monday?
If we can get a group together and in for it. Just need to know how many people want to go so we can work it in. Please pm if you would like to go. I cant wait. Debra

Its a drive for me to not be able to get wet if the conditions blow.

Heh, no pun intended!

I'm up for anything, input appreciated! :)

Todd

(STILL would like a cool dive handle!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom