Venice Results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Temps should be in the 80's until mid November (It was 88° yesterday, I was getting warm with just a swimsuit after two hours).

We might be able to better direct you if we knew your home base. If you're close enough, Lauderdale By The Sea is usually fun with typical viz on a beach dive around 20 feet. Offshore, you'll find better viz goining out with any of the operators from Fort Lauderdale to Jupiter.

thedaddy, if you remember the condos, at the south end of them is another set of white drainage pipes, like the ones there at alhambra. The boneyard is about 1/2 mile due west. Just a bit too far for a shore dive.

Thanks, I could find it from there. I may bring my (so-called) boat down next time. I'll be hugging the coast though, she is tiny.

Walter, I am coming from St. Cloud. I thought about Wabasso, but I thought anything north of there would probably be boring (ocean dives that is). I know you like the salt and anything between Palm Coast and Vero would be do-able on the east and Crystal River to Venice on the West. If you know of anything of particular interest, I am open to suggestions.

If not then I will stay with a freshwater dive. That is where I have the most experience anyway. Vis is guaranteed and the situation is generally more controllable.

I do prefer salt, but I get in a few fresh water dives every year. Blue Grotto would be my choice for beginners as long as you keep them out of the back, they should be fine. You might consider going as far south as Jupiter, it's not terribly far and the diving is excellent. There's an interesting wreck you can reach from shore at Vero Beach and Pepper Park in Fort Pierce is also a fair beach dive. Both of these have better viz than Venice, but neither have great viz.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom