Venice Report Aug 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruce119

Registered
Reaction score
This is my report for the day. Four of us got together at Alhambra Myself, Tomro, Matteo, and Purdue Pete. We met at 8:00. This was my first time at Alhambra, nice spot not too far a walk to the water. Well we all got geared up and maid our way down to the water. All's good so far we did our swim out a good 100 yds. That's far enough for me I'd rather swim on the bottom. Any way dropped down in about 16 fsw. Vis was 4-6 here and there. I'd made my way west to about 20 ft found I found more teeth farther out. I know one of the guys said it smelled a little I didn't notice it, BUT I live with 5 cats and got a bad nose. I dove Venice in better conditions and in worse.
My catch for the day not too bad got about 75 teeth 1 nice Maco, 2 megs. The broken one is 4" tip to root if you see a BIG hole out there that mite be were I took the time to maybe get lucky on the other half. I know that never happens.
For me it was a great day any dive is a good dive. I'll be back.

Bruce

It was a good dive, if you like rocks I need to hone my tooth finding skills everyone but me found some. I had a good time playing with th fish a lot of them hanging out around me nipping my fingers. lots of small crabs under the rocks. Mybe I need a magnifying mask the little readers I have in my mask didn't work. It was good to dive with some board members. I hope to see more on future dives

I haven't been out at Venice since last week, but heard tonight on the news that Englewood is having a red tide outbreak. Any word on whether it is affecting Venice beaches?

Walter, are there any health issues if the red tide gets any worse at Venice? I also remember reading somewhere last year that the tide makes the fish that do manage to stay alive - like the sharks, act strange. Any info on that? Thanks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom