Venice Finds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjotampa

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My first time posting. Just had to share info on our dive Sunday. Vis was bad, but stuck it out with great results. We found a few good sharks teeth of course. But we were most excited about finding our first whole sand dollar (petrified of course) and several whole scallops. Really surprise on how much they weigh. Thought I would include some pics :fish:

Attachments

• july 09 006.jpg
    july 09 006.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 101
  • july 09 019.jpg
    july 09 019.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 95
  • july 09 022.jpg
    july 09 022.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 84
  • july 09 015.jpg
    july 09 015.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 98
Congrats! Its always fun to find things like that stuff-:D

Very nice, were ya out with Capt Jamie or shore diving?

No we were on our own boat diving, but we saw Jamie as he cruised by us. We were out at the boneyard. Vis was really bad.

And you found money!! Wow thats the best find. And such good condition too. Keep that, soon will be a rarity in your wallet lol.

I would be interested in getting a peek at that fossil sand dollar. I found one last month as well and wondering if its the same species? Thanks

Great find, they are really nice teeth........ and Welcome to :sblogo:

Yes its amazing the wonders that are found there. I hear last weekend someone found a plastic chair. You just never know. :shocked2: Really I would love to find some more of those sand dollars to do a little study on them. Even better yet I could do a real in depth study if I found a few of thoses 20.00 dollar bills.

Yes its amazing the wonders that are found there. I hear last weekend someone found a plastic chair. You just never know. :shocked2: Really I would love to find some more of those sand dollars to do a little study on them. Even better yet I could do a real in depth study if I found a few of thoses 20.00 dollar bills.

The chair was quite a find. I think it was from the Plasticscene era.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom