Venice diving 17-20FEB? Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thedaddy

Contributor
Reaction score
With the holiday, I'm thinking of heading over to Venice sometime this weekend. Have the conditions/visibility improved for shore diving? Has it still been so milky?

If the odds are bad, I would just as soon save the 2-3 hour drive if possible (particularly since I just got a pick'em-up truck:banana: that consumes more fuel than my little rice burner did).

How about it, 2thdiver and reefguy? Any up-to-date conditions?

Haven't been recently, but I am plannig on going on Sunday. I think the odds are good, wind has been down and unless it picks up, I'm hopeful...

If you could, post a report after your dive on Sunday, ReefGuy, cuz I'm pondering going out on Monday.

Thanks in advance.

Lalalala - I'm working on a 17' Boston Whaler with 70hp outboard to get it running in the water today... lalalala... not that it means anything about a bone yard trip or dozen lalalala... :D

What are you doing on Sunday? :)

CBulla:
Lalalala - I'm working on a 17' Boston Whaler with 70hp outboard to get it running in the water today... lalalala... not that it means anything about a bone yard trip or dozen lalalala... :D

New boat Colin?

Congrats!

ReefGuy:
Haven't been recently, but I am plannig on going on Sunday. I think the odds are good, wind has been down and unless it picks up, I'm hopeful...

I'd like to show up for Sunday, but until the odds of 2'+ visibility improve I'll wait for your dive report. I may show up for Monday tho, if conditions are decent. I've heard temps are in the mid-60's is that right?

If anyone happens to swing by the beach over there before then: you can tell from looking at the surf if it has that milky look that makes for no diving. Can you please drop a quick post here? Thanks!

The water temp is out of service on the venice weather buoy but Fort Myers
buoy showed a low water temp of 65F and actually got to 70F by late in the day,
were gettin' there. I may end up gettin up there late in the week or next weekend
for a dive or two.

Kevin

I plan on diving north of venice fishing pier today (2-19-06) , will post conditions of dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom