Venice Dive - June 26th - KBulla's Bday party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARTEEEEE! A BIRTH-day Parteeeee!
I can bring hotdogs & buns if some one can bring a grill.
Or we can just eat at Sharky's.

Chuck

Ah...The thread topic still says "late June" unless my memory does not serve me right.

Chuck

<=- still learning the trix of the tools here.. NOW its changed!

:) Kris was talking about a Beach B-day party at Venice Beach during our drive home last week. She was for sure wanting Tarin and any other bubble watchers there for some non-diving company. I may be able to swindle a grill into the jeep.. it'll be a propane driven Foreman grill though.. its the only one I have that collapses.

Here's a Q - anyone have a wagon? If we can get Bri's 10x20 out there, I have a blue tarp for a throw down to put gear on.. it'd be easier to put on gear and change tanks waterside vs. schlepping it back and forth.. :)

This is sounding better by the minute!! So there should be around 5 SB divers, with a few bubblewatchers and possibly 2 more divers coming along with me - not sure if any of you others have any extra diving guests or not. We pretty much have most of the regulars, missing Fred still i think though - not sure who else, who else normally comes.

So if we have a grill, some hotdogs and possibly a tarp for the beach or some kind of pavilion to shade the bubblewatchers. I can yet again bring soda for about a dozen people - just need coolers and ice to compliment it.

Sounds like fun. Count me in. I'd like to meet some of you SB divers finally.

I haven't done a shore dive yet.
Q's.
What kind of exposure protection do most guys wear there at this time of year?
How many tanks? Air only for me.

I'm a newbie and will be coming without a buddy. I'll be happy to buddy up with another newbie or any one. Let me know if you need me to bring some food and/or drinks.

James

We need to make sure we can BBQ out there.. wont scare some ranger outa their lil minds "Your going to set the beach on fire and make GLASS!"

NO PROMISES! But I do have "sun shade" type tent thing that I used during my and Smoke's (pictured avitare) agility career. It's somewhere in the garage along with a great sunshade that would clip on. I hope I moved it down here. I'll look tomorow.

Chuck

Awwwhhh, sounds like a good party to me... Maybe I can con, er, I mean ask some of the east coast conchs if they want to do a day trip...We leave by 6am, we can catch the first dive...play all day and drive back..hmmmm....

Wings:
Sounds like fun. Count me in. I'd like to meet some of you SB divers finally.

I haven't done a shore dive yet.
Q's.
What kind of exposure protection do most guys wear there at this time of year?
How many tanks? Air only for me.

I'm a newbie and will be coming without a buddy. I'll be happy to buddy up with another newbie or any one. Let me know if you need me to bring some food and/or drinks.

James
Welcome to your first SB event, i should imagine we will meet around 9-9.30 as per usual. I will post direction in a minute.

I will be wearing 3mm, but i am sure i could get away with less - Colin will probably be near naked again :wink: Its got to be in the high 70's to 80 by now. Thing is that we typically get at least an hour out of a tank there, so it could be a few hours underwater during the day. I will be bringing 2 tanks for Becky and myself - air only, if she doesnt come i will have 1 or 2 to spare. We typically do at least 1 and hopefully 2 or 3 in a day. There is a fill place just around the corner Scuba West just outside downtown Venice. There should be enough of us to buddy up with, if the viz is ok it could be more like groups of divers, if its bad then the buddy lines will be out!

Directions for our newbie and just in case those on the east coast have forgotten their route - its been a while now :wink:

From the south:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor - name not well marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

From the north:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor - name not marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom