Venice conditions - please, no off topic posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dove Service Club this morning before the tide changed...viz was 6 to 24 inches! I'm sure it improved after the tide change but I didn't do a second dive. Water temp was 81. Winds were NE with a light swell.

The beach at service club was nice tho. As the men were diving and I stretched out and watched the seagulls fight over fish and some strange looking thing.. im still not sure what it was. And listen to the prop planes shut their engines off as they flew over my head. Not sure what that was all about, kinda nervous til after the 10th time lol.

Dove Service Club this morning before the tide changed...viz was 6 to 24 inches! I'm sure it improved after the tide change but I didn't do a second dive. Water temp was 81. Winds were NE with a light swell.

I dove service beach also today. I totally agree with MoteMan's assessment.

Dkramer and I dove South Brohard today. Temp 81, viz 5-8 ft around the blocks, 8-10 ft in 20 fsw. Winds east 10-15. Very nice dive conditions!

Dove at Blackbottom and Boneyard with Aristikat. 15 feet viz today.

Got a 4+ inch "Ike tooth" in perfect condition, and some imperfect smaller pieces. Buddy got a handful of nice lemon shark teeth.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports ! I'm going to try and get out in the morning or so for a dive!!

if i wasnt so tired from being at NPHS all day with the band competition id come out and join everyone lol. But I couldnt pick up a tank to put it in the car if I wanted to lol.

Stu ruled the day on Aristakat yesterday. I caught a few "keepers" but nothing that was close to the one Stu found. Thanks to Jamie for a great day.

Attachments

• DSCN0393.jpg
    DSCN0393.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 77
What's an "Ike tooth"?

Viz at Alhambra was about 15 ft this morning. Nancy and I each found about 200 teeth, she found two beautiful Hemis.

I asked the same question myself, Walter.

Per the Fossil Babe: An "Ike tooth" is one that was deep down and recently turned over and upward by Hurricane Ike. Happy day, I got it. My daughter wanted to come along, but had too much homework from college. I came home and put it in her hand.

Posted in the gallery.

Attachments

• Venice FL 10-4-08.jpg
    Venice FL 10-4-08.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom