Venice Closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are varied issues... My opinion: Some of it was the drain off from the first real rains of the season. Venice has their street drain pipes draining into the Gulf at various points down the beach (darned unhealthy if you ask this uneducated diver)... my 2 psi

So do the storm drains merge with the sewers in Venice then?
Not a good thing as it overwhelms the capacity of the treatment plants. I thought most cities took care of separating them in the 70's. Maybe I was just hoping they would.

When it happens there, do you also get an algae bloom?

So do the storm drains merge with the sewers in Venice then?
Not a good thing as it overwhelms the capacity of the treatment plants. I thought most cities took care of separating them in the 70's. Maybe I was just hoping they would.

When it happens there, do you also get an algae bloom?
Has nothing to do with "merging" and everything to do with what was in the streets prior to the rainy season... dead animals, etc.

The new this morning - Wednesday 25th - indicates that Venice Beach is now open but the pier is still posted for high bacteria. They are hoping to retest the water in a couple of days by the pier and hopefully that area too will be open by the weekend.

.......the Adventure Continues

There are varied issues... My opinion: Some of it was the drain off from the first real rains of the season. Venice has their street drain pipes draining into the Gulf at various points down the beach (darned unhealthy if you ask this uneducated diver)... my 2 psi

AH! Hence the high bacteria count near Alhambra area where there are the big drain pipes that eat baby ducks through the drain grates! Makes sense :)

I went Scuba diving there yesterday 6/29. Saw no signs about the beach being closed. Had a great time. There were a lot of other divers and swimmers there also.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom