Venice Beach........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dutchfin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking to dive Venice Beach. Available 7 days /wk right now. Low vis is no problem. Use to braille diving. Just like to do a tooth dive. Any takers?

Conditions aren't looking too favorable right now. Winds are out of the NNW at 11 knots. I'm almost tempted to try it tomorrow.

I'm in for tomorrow (12/9) morning, if you want to give it a go.

Done!

If anyone wants to join us, we'll be at the end of Alhambra.

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo.

See you there. I hope it's better than it looks right now.

Hey guys, you may want to wait a few days. We were just there and the winds were blowing from the East/N.East. All things given, it should have been a good day but vis was about 6 inches. In the morning, winds will be coming from the South/ S.East. My past experience tells me it will be somewhat rough and low vis. If yall go, please post what you encountered. My wife is keeping a log of conditions to optimize or trips since we travel an hour to get there.

I'm not expecting good conditions tomorrow. If I can get 6 inch viz tomorrow, I'll count myself lucky, especially if it's that good right at the bottom. I know I don't have to work tomorrow, I don't know about the rest of the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom