Venice beach threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone interested in a Venice beach dive this sunday 5-6-07 noon'ish?
Kim P :)

Divergirl4u:
Anyone interested in a Venice beach dive this sunday 5-6-07 noon'ish?
Kim P :)

Are you going from the beach or boat?

I will be here around 11'ish
Kim P

From the North
Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Observe the no parking signs. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.
From he South
Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Observe the no parking signs. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.

5-6-07 Venice Beach dive.
It was a great day for a beach dive … the vis was 15 to 20 the water temp was reasonable and the hunt was fun. I spent an hour and 15 min at the bottom of Venice Beach all 15 ft and had a ball. I found 35 small sharks teeth then I found a big black one and about 10 minutes later I found a big brown one. (As you can tell I do not know my sharks teeth) Well this got me stuck on finding big teeth and I did not collect many small ones after that. But had a wonderful dive, for the first time I found sea horses (2) and followed them around for a bit they were great. Venice beach dive I just a unique way to collect sea shells and fossils and tons of fun with the right group.
Kim P

There are bathrooms and showers at the service club and the public beach. Both minutes away from Alhambra.

It was a joke that you had to be there to get. :)

Were you the one that said a lot of Megs come out of service club?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom