Venice Beach this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are all waiting for a report....at least I am waiting. I hope it was good for hunting. I took one of the Fast Cat Boats to Key West Yesterday and it was kinda rough. Was it any better in Venice?

Wildbill:cop_2:

It wasn't bad out, it was kind of flat really - some offshore current. It was good for a solo dive on my second dive as I had nobody to worry about with "where the hell are they?" or "damn buddy line getting wrapped up in my hand again, here goes that bag into the flag line...." etc.. and found another meggy :wink:

You the Man...Colin, two in three weeks.

Glad you had nice weather and good diving conditions. While heading to KW on the boat 3/4 way there it was pretty rough. The wife had a prescription nausea meds and still got a little qweasy. I was feeling a little funny myself. Beautiful day in the keys though even if we could only stay about 4 hours. Wife had never been so I had to do a quick tour for her. She saw the Southern Most Point and of course I had to stop off for a couple margaritas and a cheeseburger in paradise at Jimmy's place.

See Ya' all at Ginnie's,
Wildbill:cop_2:

That sounds fantastic Yale! - seems like we had a good weather weekend all around, just some cloudy water, which is no big deal if you can read a compass :wink:

I talked to the guys at Fantasea, and they had to call their checkout dives on Sat. They were going to Red Rock Reef (off Sandspur in Boca), and between the vis (which apparently was even worse there) and the ripping current, the conditions were marginal.

There used to be some great get togethers over at venice before someone decided to organize the get togethers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom