Venice Beach this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad everyone had a good time, including the newbies to Venice. I talked to 8buck before and after his dive and he stated that the viz was quite good. He had some new divers (to venice that is) with him and I heard no complaints.

It sounds like it was a successful day for all even though some may not have found many teeth.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Chuck and I were out there from 11:00 till 2:30 Vis kept getting better and better. lots of teeth. calm sunny day,. Have a question, why do you not dive by the pier?? it is getting worked on so no fishermen. >> heard it was great for teeth,?? and looks like easy to water if you go early and get a parking spot??? Whats up??

I have heard of several diving the pier even though I have not personally. I have gone just south of there at a local park where there are showers and bathrooms. From what was described to me is that if you park in the front of lot near the picnic tables you walk straight out towards the shoreline and make entry. you would be far enough away from the pier even if there were people fishing. I know in the past they have caught good size sharks right on the pier, hence the name of restaurant. The nice feature of parking near the tables is you can use them to lay gear on and assist in putting it on.

wildbill:cop_2:

I did the pier once, and didn't find anything. I think alhambra is just a better spot. Glad to hear you guys had fun. I noticed that the wind had layed down yesterday, and was hoping for good vis. Today's should be even better.

Hi All,
I'll be meeting up with Walter on the 17th. Im "newly" OW certified and a little nervous . Hope the viz is ok. I am coming from NJ so I hope the weather cooperates , as I have been really looking forward to this.Hope to meet up with some of you also.
Colleen

I'm going to be headed out to dive this weekend.. it should be a good weekend the way the weather is looking right now. We'll see you out there Colleen!

Reefguy, up to some teeth hunting??

Sorry, can't this weekend. Last weekend before Nicole goes to Ft. Lauderdale for a month.

hey what happened to the post i posted after my venice dive why was it yanked or was it i can not find it here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom