Venice Beach Sharks Tooth Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it's official...ReefGuy and I are going to meet up at the Alhambra Beach in Venice Beach on Saturday at 9:30 a.m.! All are welcome to show up and enjoy the hunting. The more the merrier!

Hey Jeff,

Been busy and have not checked in on SB for a while, Wish I could join Ya'll on Sat. When I was up there doing the search for the plane crash victims the water temps were real nice was in the water several times a day and never got chilled. Just a word of advice......Stick to looking for teeth only. From what I saw once we found the wreckage I would strongly suggest that no one eat any Blue Crabs from around the Venice area for a while :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Wildbill:cop_2:

I thought you were probably there. I hear you found two people, weren't 3 reported?

3 is what everyone thought at first because that's how many were supposed to be from Mich. (their home state). But we found out Friday that they dropped one passenger off at Venice. The wreckage was a mess, if it weren't for the tail section of the plane still being some what intact I wouldn't have been able to tell it was a plane. Could have fit the largest piece in the back of a full size van.

Anyway.......Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread. :11:

I'll forgive you...THIS time :)

How far off the boneyard was this? It sounds like it was right on top of it.

Wildbill:
Anyway.......Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread. :11:

Well I would love to join on a weekend coming up, but will be doing it from shore...

Took the boat out for Sea trial last weekend and spun the same darn gears. Which either means the lower unit has pproblems or I have a bad carrier bearing in the intermaediate housing. either way I have a new outdrive on order and as soon as uncle sam pays out it will be installed and We'll be back out for another sea trial to run it in.

I need to get wet something feirce, I am dried out and need water.....

Man, that sucks about the boat.

yeah but what can we do about it. its the nature of boats. A hole that you throw your money into.

SharkBaite:
Well I would love to join on a weekend coming up, but will be doing it from shore...

Took the boat out for Sea trial last weekend and spun the same darn gears. Which either means the lower unit has pproblems or I have a bad carrier bearing in the intermaediate housing. either way I have a new outdrive on order and as soon as uncle sam pays out it will be installed and We'll be back out for another sea trial to run it in.

I need to get wet something feirce, I am dried out and need water.....
Yeah, well, that's what I was telling you all along. Glad you finally listened. :D

Depth Perception Dive Center in Brandon, FL is planning on doing a shark tooth hunting trip to Venice Beach on Saturday, April 30th. The trip is free for anyone, and we will be meeting at the shop, but we are aiming to get to Venice Beach around 8:00 or 8:30 AM. If anyone is interested, we'd love to have you meet us at the public parking at Venice Beach. Hope to see some of you conchs there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom