Venice Beach Sharks Tooth Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the weekend 4/16 prior to the beach dumping? If so, that would be the best one for me :wink: Cant really do much any sooner.

I, too, cannot do anything prior to 4/16. I'm not sure when the dumping is going to take place.

I have access to a 16' Carolina Skiff for anyone interested. If my older brother or sister will let me borrow either of their boats, I could take up to 5 people in addition to myself (although it could get crowded in my sister's boat).

If it looks shot due to the dumping, i have access to two diveyaks, and there is a chance of using them as additional floatation/ferrying out to the boneyard depending on the availability of other boats (Novafury's and Firebrands).

OH! A pair of boats to go out and yaks on top of that! We may have to hook up a beach dive party of sorts again!!

Incidentally, my wife is totally ticked off at the City of Venice's decision to ruin the place we were planning on having an annual dive/birthday party for her. She enjoyed last years so much she had been already doing some planning and looking forward to this years until she read that article.

CBulla:
OH! A pair of boats to go out and yaks on top of that! We may have to hook up a beach dive party of sorts again!!

Incidentally, my wife is totally ticked off at the City of Venice's decision to ruin the place we were planning on having an annual dive/birthday party for her. She enjoyed last years so much she had been already doing some planning and looking forward to this years until she read that article.
Will speak to Jeff regarding the yaks, but more than likely its good to go and he will probably come along.

As for the b'day party, why not out at Lovers again? That went well, except attendance. Any spots a short hop off the shore? Maybe we could just get wet close to shore with some kind of UW games if there arent teeth or reefs to hit. Or what about that other place just down from Venice a few of you have gone too?

There's always Casperson beach, which is not supposed to be affected (outside of Venice city limits).

Having grown up in St. Pete, I acutally have never been to Venice Beach. Does anyone want to set up a meeting point (when & where) for us to launch the boats and get to the beach/dive sites? If I had any knowledge of the area, I'd set it up, but I don't, and I'll need some assistance.

Are we thinking the beach is going to be diveable that weekend or are we set to run out on boats for sure? Diveyaks are going in at Alhambra, dont know about the nearest boat ramp. The usual meeting place and directly inshore of where the Florida West boat drops people is about 1/2 mile south of the public beach/pier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom