Venice Beach-Sat. 3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought by splitting this thread it might be easier to keep track on who's going when.
Ok so I'm the one who gets confused.
So who is in on Sat.?

I am.
Chuck

I think I'm going to give venice (alhambra) a try again on Sat a.m., anyone else going to be there?

rusty

I'll try, we have some relatives visiting and I figured the kids would enjoy looking for sharks teeth (their from MN), and I get a chance to dive at the same time.

I'm trying to plan for the 27th. Work MIGHT force me to do it on the 28th, though. Never know.

pchelp:
I'll try, we have some relatives visiting and I figured the kids would enjoy looking for sharks teeth (their from MN), and I get a chance to dive at the same time.

It will be a good way to gather two stones..er teeth with one ah "visit.
Hope you and the kids can join us. And don't be surprised if the kids find more teeth on the beach then we will. Good for them.

Chuck

From the south:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor - name not well marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

From the north:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor - name not marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.

i'm in on the 27th (saturday)

pchelp:
the kids would enjoy looking for sharks teeth (their from MN)
Dont the kids in MN have teeth then? Joking!

I believe from the other thread there were these people who were going or tentative:
Simbrooks, H2Andy, SmokeAire, Scubafool, Aihfl, Fgray1 (& family), itsMandy227, and now pchelp with family

Any other takers? I thought there were more from the original thread that got wiped when they changed the private trips forum. There are more than enough of us going to really block in that little track in front of the condos - get there early for your place!!

BTW, those directions werent mine alone, they were from Walter, but i anotated them slightly cos even i found them a little tough on my first drive down there.

The turn for Harbor is at the end of the pedestrian/downtown bit of the road, its the first tree lined road at a light, it just doesnt have a posted sign of the road name. Also if you are coming from the north, the Business route 41 also confused me, it does say bus route though to take the right hand lane at the fork.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom