• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Venice Beach Bash - June 2, 2012

Discussion in 'Florida' started by MontanaFL, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Heath Sapp

Heath Sapp Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I hope you let me barrow that turtle this year lol

---------- Post added ----------

One more question does any one know where the video is that shows people what to look for and how to do it? I would like my friend to see the video before we get there.

2. divingsiren

divingsiren Contributor

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I will miss seeing you ScubaJenny, but totally understand! Hope Hermit Crab's stuff goes well!

ROXANNE and Fossilbabe like this.
  3. klinc

klinc Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Sorry it took longer than expected to get back with you about what we will bring. Had a catastrophe with the 4 year old and a treadmill the latter part of last week and have been dealing with that.

We will bring a 10x10 tent/gazeebo and a table or two, depending what we can fit. Will also bring some sandwiches (thinking Publix club sandwich ring or the like).

Look forward to meeting you all.

Fossilbabe and ROXANNE like this.
  4. BHB ScubaTroll

BHB ScubaTroll Contributor

# of Dives:
    Greetings to all,

Please put Krista and I on the Big Flat Top for 10:15 am

CoolTech (Jim)
    KBeck (Krista)

We look forward to seeing all our old dive buddies and some young dive buddies as well

Fossilbabe likes this.
  5. David Lewis

David Lewis New

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Hello Scubaboard!

Please put down myself and +1 friend (Suliman Ayad -PADI certified) for Big Flat Top at 9:00am

We are both from UCF and are extremely excited to participate in this event! We will be bringing a large assortment of food

Thank you so much!

Fossilbabe likes this.
  6. Rickelpickel

Rickelpickel Captain

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Good viz out there, lets hope it keeps.

[video=youtube;9wLZkR4p42Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wLZkR4p42Y[/video]

7. diveanimal

diveanimal New

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    mark me down for 11:00 on man overboard.................if i have time i will make my families secret recipe potato salad

---------- Post added ----------

Sorry, i was thinking this was on sunday, I have to work saturday so i must relinquish my spot on man overboard. You all have fun and dive safe, maybe next time I can make it.

Fossilbabe and Rickelpickel like this.
  8. Fossilbabe

Fossilbabe Fossilbabe ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    ---------- Post added May 23rd, 2012 at 08:38 AM ----------

It is that time again where we all get together at Venice Beach for some camaraderie, scuba diving and the ever present Megalodon Teeth.

Capt Rick of Man Overboard Charters,Jamie of Aristakat ,Capt Jeff of Big Flat Top have again volunteered to transport us back and forth to the boneyard for a one tank/one hour dive. This is their way way of saying Thank You to all the wonderful SB'rs who have used and recommended their services throughout the year.

There will be a tip jar for each boat for you to show our appreciation for volunteering their time and their expertise. Please be generou$ as they are being generou$ for us.

There will be a maximum of 6 divers per boat. Times are noted below for each boat. Please be suited up and ready to go before your scheduled time. We have a gap between the launches for safety so there is only one boat on the beach at any given time.

Aristakat
    8:00 am
    Cardzard +1
    Roxanne
    Brewone0to
    Rick

9:30 am
    COWSskateGOOD
    DivingSiren
    J Dodd+2 Guest
    divindiva

Big Flat Top
    9:00 am
    Heath Sapp + 1
    joystershell
    MegaMikey
    David Lewis + 1

10:15 am
    JahJahWarrior
    Carmen
    MontanaFL
    Scorpio2012
    Kenny
    Krista

11:30 am

Man Overboard Charters

8:30 AM
    Ocean bound
    fossilbabe +1
    floridanewbe
    Danielle's_dives

11:00 AM
    sharktoothcrazy
    Klinc +1
    diveanimal

MontanaFL/Scorpio2012/Kenny - Cabana, bucket water, watermelon, cookies
    ROXANNE/cardzard - cooler with drinks, cabana and sandwiches
    Brewone0to/Shelli - chicken, chips, and a cooler with water
    sharktoothcrazy- munchies,table
    Oceanbound- bakedbeans,sausage
    divindiva-muffins
    DivingSiren-fruit and snacks.
    Joystershell-EZ Up Shade canopy
    Danielle's_dives- cooler full of snacks, sandwiches and goodies
    Klinc- 10 x 10 tent tables sandwhiches
    Diveanimal- potato salad

Directions to the beach:

From the north:
    Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn right onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

From the south:
    Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn left onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

If you wish to use your GPS, the address for the condo at the of Alhambra Road is 633 Alhambra Road, Venice, FL 34285.

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible and without blocking access to the beach from the road. Most of us will be carrying all of our gear to the beach and will need easy access without having to walk around vehicles. Be careful not [​IMG] to block the driveway to the condo or to the homes along the street. Also when parking, park along the street in the direction of travel for the side you park. Failure to do so may and could result in a ticket.

Should you need any other information, please do not hesitate to ask.​

9. fisheyeview

fisheyeview Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Put me down for the 8:30 trip on Man Overboard.

Fossilbabe and divingsiren like this.
  10. jldodd

jldodd Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I've finally figured out my food item! I'll be bringing chocolate chip cookies! See you Saturday.

Fossilbabe likes this.