Venice Beach 8/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well you know i will be there,

but i was kind of looking at showing up around 8:00 a.m. on the north side of the public beach area , i have had a lot of luck there. plus the small reef is kind of cute.

sounds interesting. i would like to do some treasure hunting. let me see what is going on this weekend. maybe i will pool up with jenny

later
brian

scubawes1:
well you know i will be there,

but i was kind of looking at showing up around 8:00 a.m. on the north side of the public beach area , i have had a lot of luck there. plus the small reef is kind of cute.

Are you doing one or two tanks? I'd really like to do the public beach too, but I'm not sure that I can get there by 0800. (0830-0900, definitely!)

Anybody got an extra tank or two? I won't be able to get my 80 filled before we leave....

GrierHPharmD:
Quick question - do you think Alhambra is better than Venice Beach? I've heard mixed reviews. I just want to find some teeth!

I've been out at Alhambra a number of times, and at the Venice public beach just north of there, but I like Service Club Park the best of all (the public beach just south of Alhambra). You have to go out a little further than you do with Alhambra, but I have found larger teeth consistently at Service Club. It's probably all luck at any of the spots, but that's been my experience so far.

GrierHPharmD:
Are you doing one or two tanks? I'd really like to do the public beach too, but I'm not sure that I can get there by 0800. (0830-0900, definitely!)
i always bring two tanks, usually burn both ! and yes jenny, i have an extra tank, and it has your name on it !!!!

fossilhunter:
I've been out at Alhambra a number of times, and at the Venice public beach just north of there, but I like Service Club Park the best of all (the public beach just south of Alhambra). You have to go out a little further than you do with Alhambra, but I have found larger teeth consistently at Service Club. It's probably all luck at any of the spots, but that's been my experience so far.
i have never done service park before, but i would love to do the second tank there !

Can someone help me out on how to get there? will be coming from Port St Lucie..
thanks!

baitedstorm:
Can someone help me out on how to get there? will be coming from Port St Lucie..
thanks!

Here are directions that I found posted by simbrooks on a previous Venice dive posting:

From the south:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor - name not well marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

From the north:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor - name not marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.

scubawes1:
i have never done service park before, but i would love to do the second tank there !

I'm going to get to Alhambra shortly after 9am. I have to stop by Florida West Scuba to get a fill and a second tank. Should be there by 9:15 or so. I would be up for doing the second tank anywhere nearby - Service Club, Casperson, Alhambra, North Venice - whatever anyone is up for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom