Venice Beach 8/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anybody up for some diving at Venice for that elusive meg?
Anybody on the east coast want to car pool/caravan a day trip?
Alhambra 9am?

Scuba_Jenny:
Anybody up for some diving at Venice for that elusive meg?
Anybody on the east coast want to car pool/caravan a day trip?
Alhambra 9am?

Saturday at 9 looks good for me. Maybe I'll find something there besides that big fake this time!

Even a big fake would be an improvement over what I have found so far...

Yeah, Yeah, I know. sigh.... one of these days, it will be my turn...

So that means leaving Hollywood around 0630? Sounds delightful!!!

I'm in. (I think.) I need to get back over here by dinnertime, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Any chance of getting any of the other West Coast regulars out with us?

Quick question - do you think Alhambra is better than Venice Beach? I've heard mixed reviews. I just want to find some teeth!

See you guys then or before,
Grier

I would be in, but i have to do my cavern training again - and spark up yet more debates etc with misinformation :wink: I hope you find your big teeth!

I hope that Becky and i can get down there sometime in a month or two, so much other stuff to do in the meantime.

What's the difficulty level of Venice Beach/Alhambra?
I'm interested if I can dive it.......

Alli

Fairly easy, warm (at least ~88-90 now), shallow (<15ft) scrambling around on the bottom digging up the clay looking for teeth. Buoyancy not really an issue, as you want to be touching the bottom to dig. Viz can be zero to 20ft, but once you start digging up can reduce locally - viz is the only thing that can make this a slightly more advanced dive. Might be some swell/surge/mini-waves on entry, barely a foot or so typically, not too hard, just ask someone going in how they are doing it and follow their lead to get an idea. Wish i was going, havent done that dive in months now!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom