Venice Beach 8/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefGuy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody do Venice beach today? How was the vis?

Reefguy,

I spoke with a buddy today and he just had his regs worked on and wanted to test them out some place simple before he goes deep. I suggested going to Venice, we may be heading up there next weekend I'll let you know.

Wildbill:cop:

Cool! I'm getting my tanks o2 cleaned this week, but have been promised them by Friday, filled and ready for action!

We took my friends boat and the VIS. was 12 ft. We were 33ft. of water and found no teeth. We dropped down a underwater camera and choose a site, but not teeth.

I ran into Reef Guy on Sunday. We made a 2 hour dive together. Viz was about 10 feet. He added a pipefish to his aquarium, I found 207 teeth (I don't know his count). We saw a seahorse, searobins, flounder, sand perch and a pair that are still intdentified. I suspect released exotics.

Picked up about 70 teeth, still trying to find out what those fish were. You may be right about them being released. Their fins were noticable ragged, and they didn't look too healthy. I should get my film tomorrow, and will be better able to look (hopefully).

The pipefish is a shortfin pipefish. I'm getting ready to add him to my tank now :). He's been in the hospital tank, but is very active, parasite free, and he's eating like a pig!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom