Vegetarian Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-boltfish once bubbled...

Answer me this: why is it acceptable to kill a badger or rabbit but not to kill a human?

Just to add another huge ingredient, and stir the pot a little faster....

Isn't that what is meant by ...
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen:1:28

Animals and plants both live. Seems like as long as we keep growing plants and animals, we can should be able to eat them.

I guess it could be argued that since plants don't technically move, we should leave them alone and only eat meat like FIXXERVI6 suggests.

:help:

Answer me this: why is it acceptable to kill a badger or rabbit but not to kill a human? [/B]

I never indicated it was not acceptable to kill humans. I would kill anything under the right conditions. I would eat anything under the right conditions. Not only do I have a Farm upbringing, I also have a military one.

I'm also a realist. When I am over eating at my vegitarian friends house, I enjoy their cooking just as much as I enjoy my Ladies.

I am a member of a rich nation, If I chose too, I could become a Vegitarian with no problem. I would be healthy and I would live a long time. However, some people do not have those options and must exist on whatever they can, this includes animals and insects.
(Yes, I have eaten insects and worms)
(Worms Roxanne WORMS!!) :D

It is noteable that people who live in colder climates tend to eat more meat then those in warmer climates due to the type of food in the area. For example, People in Greenland would have a larger diet of fish and birds, then someone in India who has a year around growing cycle.

I would take on the eating habits of whatever region that I am in at that time.

I hold no malice over those who don't eat meat. On the other hand, If they don't like me eating my salami and cheese sandwich, they can move, not me.

As my vegitarian friend puts it.. "Its not that I like animals, its that I really hate plants!"

So would you kill a human if you found one in some way ruining your friends' crops?

Would you? Or are you just prejudiced against less intelligent creatures?

Instead of writing nonsensical junk about your life in general, perhaps you could in future construct a coherent and - who knows - maybe even persuasive counter-argument?

Its not nonsensical, and this is not an argument.
To answer your question, Yes. If my life depended on that field, and someone came in to destroy it, you would bet that I would kill them.

However, If my life depended on that field, and they destroyed it, You could bet that I would eat them too.

Food is food.. Ask the Donner Party

Perhaps if you would use your brain to think instead of your emotions you would see what I am trying to say.

Try moving too, Oh say.. Greenland, You would see, Edible vegitation is scarce.

People eat what is available.

Rich nations can afford to import foods, Poor countries must make due with what is available.
Both you and I belong to Rich nations. The whole world is not like that. We can let ourselves become petty and attempt to impose our ways of life on others. It won't work unless we are willing to feed them what we want them to eat.

SueMermaid once bubbled...
To the carnivorous participants: You are not helping your cause by being intentionally abrasive and dismissive of the folks with vegetarian and/or animal rights convictions.

Do you think we care?

Animal rights is a topic that is often banned from other forums because it tends to bring out the worst (and often, most idiotic) in people.

No kidding?

we will not likely change each other's opinions

Which is why we don't care.

Just my two cents.

Likewise.

Well children can't hold a drivers' license or vote so would you advocate killing and eating them?

You don't understand the difference between "necessary" and "sufficent" conditions, do you?

Most of us would not hesitate to kill a human.

You tax payer's spent a lot of money in the 70's to get recruiters to recruit me out of high school for the Marines.

I was once sent to sick bay for wanting to kill my boss. I was asked,..Kris is there a chance you have homosidal tendencies?

I told the officer,..that is the stupidest question that I have ever heard. Ten years ago,..you recruited me,.. a gun nut,.. out of high school,.. refined my skills. I just spent the past two weeks getting up at four in themorning to fire automatic weapons at papaer targets that resemble human beingins... now do you want to ask me that again.

You want to dispute the draft, talk bad about war and the money spent on it,..but, you want to live free in a country that gave you this through these things. If you do not like it move out!!

We still execute a lot of people, there are a lot of missing persons,.. no murder without a body. A lot of people that kill people get off,.. ie.e O.J.

If you look closely,.. the laws for hunting, killing animals are stricker and more inforced then humans.

They actualy have mega funds for preserving animals and their habitats.

In our country and other i.e. Africa, they can kill them off and let them starve.

Man did not advance and develop the brain power he has now until he started eating meat.

If you know of a large group of vegi divers hitting a boat, let us know,.. we will not have any lobster competition!!

Krisscuba once bubbled...
Most of us would not hesitate to kill a human.

You tax payer's spent a lot of money in the 70's to get recruiters to recruit me out of high school for the Marines.

I was once sent to sick bay for wanting to kill my boss. I was asked,..Kris is there a chance you have homosidal tendencies?

I told the officer,..that is the stupidest question that I have ever heard. Ten years ago,..you recruited me,.. a gun nut,.. out of high school,.. refined my skills. I just spent the past two weeks getting up at four in themorning to fire automatic weapons at papaer targets that resemble human beingins... now do you want to ask me that again.

You want to dispute the draft, talk bad about war and the money spent on it,..but, you want to live free in a country that gave you this through these things. If you do not like it move out!!

We still execute a lot of people, there are a lot of missing persons,.. no murder without a body. A lot of people that kill people get off,.. ie.e O.J.

If you look closely,.. the laws for hunting, killing animals are stricker and more inforced then humans.

They actualy have mega funds for preserving animals and their habitats.

In our country and other i.e. Africa, they can kill them off and let them starve.

Man did not advance and develop the brain power he has now until he started eating meat.

If you know of a large group of vegi divers hitting a boat, let us know,.. we will not have any lobster competition!!

Let me be the first to say that you're not only off topic but you're off your rocker!

To: all you vegitarians

.......I'm just glad you folks were not around during the cave man era or humanity might have had a heck of a hard time surviving!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom