Vegetarian Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does not have eyes,..I don't want to eat it!

About trusting,...my youngest once told,..in reference to women. That he did not trust anything that could bleed for seven days and live!

FIXXERVI6 once bubbled...
I don't trust anyone that won't eat meat.

I refuse to eat anything that hasn't walked/crawled/swam first.
EAT MORE MEAT!!!

Hmmm.... I know that some people eat more meat than others, but I would say that you are a preditor and not an omnivorous, though to my knowledge, even preditors eat some grass from time to time :D

And btw, I was a vegitarian for 2 years, but then.... it's tough to be a student :D

khel

I eat whatever does not eat me first. My digestion system was built around the concept of being able to handle diverse foods, I like to encourage it.

I work with many vegitarians who are such because of religion. They do not hold it against me, I don't hold it against them.. Never really crossed my mind until this thread.

Now.. Here is something I find funny. Here in Oregon, foodplants are grown in fields(don't know about where vegans get their food). Now the farmers have problems with various pests coming in and eating their crops. In addition, some pests damage the fields and actually make farming the fields almost impossible.

This is where I come in. To assist the farmers, and hone my skills, my friends and I will go into the fields and kill countless Ground squirrels, Rabbits, Badgers, Skunks, Racoons, etc. Whatever is eating the crop or damaging the field. You see, Skunks, badgers and Racoons don't eat much vegitation, however they do dig REAL big holes which can break the Axels of farm equipment if left unchecked.

Now that I think about it, It makes me chuckle to think of how much blood and rotting rodents went into fertilizing the food that we eat.

As for animals not knowing any better when killing? Have you ever seen a pack of Coyotes kill a deer caught in a fence and then leave it there to rot? Or how about a cat, wounding a little mouse just because it was amusing.
These animals know what they are doing.

I am farm savvy, People who have to live on the land, understand. Take what you need, leave the rest - it's replenishable and will be there in the future. I wonder why its called... Live-stock.......

That and Grouse are STUPID!! Did you know a well placed .41 magnum Handgun round right below the head in the back will kill and clean your new dinner? It removes the head and sucks the organs right out. Save time.. :mean:

FIXXERVI6
Most vegetarians I meet up with, don’t look good physically, usually lacking copper, or creatine, glutamine, things found in meat, needed by our bodies.
I for one am perfectly healthy and so are millions of other vegetarians. Your post is exactly the kind of uneducated, arrogant school of thought of so many idiotic Americans.
People are fascinated that I am in such great shape
On your profile you admit yourself that you are 'chubby'.

Windwalker
As for animals not knowing any better when killing? Have you ever seen a pack of Coyotes kill a deer caught in a fence and then leave it there to rot? Or how about a cat, wounding a little mouse just because it was amusing.
You misunderstood my point. Animals do not know any better than to kill and eat fellow creatures, whereas we humans can survive perfectly well on a vegetarian diet and furthermore we are intelligent enough to realise that it is morally wrong to kill animals.

Answer me this: why is it acceptable to kill a badger or rabbit but not to kill a human?

-boltfish once bubbled...
FIXXERVI6
Answer me this: why is it acceptable to kill a badger or rabbit but not to kill a human?

The same reason they can't hold a driver's license or vote.

What kind of underwater hunting does a vegitarian diver do?

cornfed once bubbled...

The same reason they can't hold a driver's license or vote.
Well children can't hold a drivers' license or vote so would you advocate killing and eating them?

To the carnivorous participants: You are not helping your cause by being intentionally abrasive and dismissive of the folks with vegetarian and/or animal rights convictions.
Animal rights is a topic that is often banned from other forums because it tends to bring out the worst (and often, most idiotic) in people.
It is emotional, and we will not likely change each other's opinions, but, rather, get nasty with each other, as is evidenced by some of the posts in this thread.

Just my two cents.

Don't get caught out in a light rain, you'll surely drown ~Z

-boltfish once bubbled...
FIXXERVI6
I for one am perfectly healthy and so are millions of other vegetarians. Your post is exactly the kind of uneducated, arrogant school of thought of so many idiotic Americans.
On your profile you admit yourself that you are 'chubby'.

YUP, I'm a little on the chub side, thank you TX!, not much tho, 23% body fat and 20 is healthy, guess I've eaten too many cows...

That is from my line of work, don't burn many calories pushing buttons, even with the extra layer of insulation, I still put my mountain bike down the trail with the best of them, send 5.9's etc, the chub doesn't hold me back so I don't mind it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom