VDH BP/W package review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that 18,20,22lbs...makes a rip of difference.

Might not for you, and is less likely to make a difference in the tropical diving app small wings are aimed at, but.... the capacity concerns raised by an actual customer were not for the "18" but for the "35".

Would you want to go diving in a 30+ lbs buoyant drysuit in cold water with a wing of unknown capacity?

If quality products and exceptional customer service is enough for Brian then what’s that to you.

I consider accurate specs part of CS, you may not, your choice.

Tobin

I know one thing, when using my plate, the lift capacity will be a little more because the cut away sides will allow the wing to inflate more.
I know another thing, as narrow as the VDH wings are, the donut style, the added bonus of the single piece internal bungee that makes it even more streamlined when not inflated, and the 360 loop zipper to access the inner bladder for inspection, repairs, thorough cleaning, and the great price point, makes this wing the best current wing on the market AFAIK. There is nobody that can touch these right now, and that REALLY bothers some people pretty bad.
I’m just glad as hell that somebody finally made a wing that pairs so well with what I’m doing, and shares the same minimalist philosophy.
Please don’t stop making them, and please ignore all the retoric.

I know one thing, when using my plate, the lift capacity will be a little more because the cut away sides will allow the wing to inflate more.
I know another thing, as narrow as the VDH wings are, the donut style, the added bonus of the single piece internal bungee that makes it even more streamlined when not inflated, and the 360 loop zipper to access the inner bladder for inspection, repairs, thorough cleaning, and the great price point, makes this wing the best current wing on the market AFAIK. There is nobody that can touch these right now, and that REALLY bothers some people pretty bad.
I’m just glad as hell that somebody finally made a wing that pairs so well with what I’m doing, and shares the same minimalist philosophy.
Please don’t stop making them, and please ignore all the retoric.

Thank you Eric the #18 was already extremely populator with double hose divers but your support helped bring them to a much larger market and on your a few others recommendations is why I made the #23 and #35's. They aren't going away anytime soon!

That is so good to hear. Seeing posts of "longevity issues" with some other wings, I know what I will be replacing my fleet with as time requires it.

Let me make it clear. You were making some thinly veiled accusations that my wings were made by some "cut and sew" operation that didn't know squat about making wings.

Nonsense. Get somebody to put some water on that hair fire you have raging.

I said nothing about your specific vendor, I did detail what I have experienced at other Cut and Sew shops.

BTW "Cut and sew" is what these shops routinely call themselves. Google "Cut and Sew" you will get 1000's of hits. They can be experts at cutting and sewing and RF welding and still know very little about the end application. I've experienced this myself more than once. Does anyone at your vendor dive? Does anyone dive a Back plate and wing? If so great, but most do not.

Why do free lance garment designers exist if sewing shops are a one stop solution? I know a couple guys that make a living turning ideas (new duffle bag, etc. into patterns and a BOM so a *gasp* cut and sew shop can built it.)

Same reason architects exist, to provide a design for the carpenters and masons and roofers to expertly execute.

News Flash, I'm trying really hard to retire, as such I don't give a tinkers damn what you sell, where it's made, or anything else about your business. What you do or don't do will have zero impact on me, my income or my happiness.

I was simply trying to explain how it's common for a sewing shop (aka "cut and sew") to be waaaay off on wing lift. It can be a mistake to assume every cut and sew shop understands how the goods they produce are actually used, many do not.

Tobin

Bryan. As owner of this subforum, please report this thread and ask for judicious moderation of posts, at your discretion. From past experience its likely the only way to get it back on track. Logic will not do it.

News Flash, I'm trying really hard to retire, as such I don't give a tinkers damn what you sell, where it's made, or anything else about your business. What you do or don't do will have zero impact on me, my income or my happiness.
Tobin

I am so glad to hear this! I wish you a very speedy and happy retirement :)

Bryan. As owner of this subforum, please report this thread and ask for judicious moderation of posts, at your discretion. From past experience its likely the only way to get it back on track. Logic will not do it.

Thanks Lisa but I think letting it play out does a great job reinforcing what most everyone on SB already knows. Plus it's been hella good for website traffic and sales.

Thanks Lisa but I think letting it play out does a great job reinforcing what most everyone on SB already knows. Plus it's been hella good for website traffic and sales.
Just my female sensitivities showing through :wink: Ok men, carry on...

Er, ah, humm. Bryan *is* the moderator in this forum.......

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom