VDH BP/W package review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might be closer to 18 with an 8 inch cylinder. If you want to reduce capacity I'd suggest making the shell, not the bladder smaller.

Tobin

What happened to this?

I now know better than to offer you any help ever...
Tobin

Photo is of wings headed out to new divers since this S*** Storm started earlier today :):) Don't laugh it's a VERY good day for VDH.

Attachments

• 20180603_170053.jpg
    20180603_170053.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 223
Ok.....I'm sure my results will be called suspect since I'm the one who sells it but here goes. This is how I remember how to test them.

That should work. I found it easier to weigh the wing (only) empty, build up the rig, fill it until the OPV vents only water, (that requires the OPV be at the highest point) then strip down the rig and weigh only the full wing. The delta is the lift capacity as you noted. Weighing the other components can be more work, but the type of scale used might dictate how you approach it.

Tobin

That should work. I found it easier to weigh the wing (only) empty, build up the rig, fill it until the OPV vents only water, (that requires the OPV be at the highest point) then strip down the rig and weigh only the full wing. The delta is the lift capacity as you noted. Weighing the other components can be more work, but the type of scale used might dictate how you approach it.

Tobin

What happened to this?

Tobin

What happened to this?

Tobin

Photo is of wings headed out to new divers since this S*** Storm started earlier today :):) Don't laugh it's a VERY good day for VDH.

Not directed to you. Others may wish to replicate the exercise.

Tobin

Tobin,
I don’t know you from Adam and mean no disrespect but you are really doing yourself no favors here.

Still waiting for you to show me where I "slapped" you......

Bold claim, zero back up.

Tobin

Not that 18,20,22lbs...makes a rip of difference. Either the wing works for ones purpose or it doesn’t. Testing a wing your way would result in an over estimation of lift vs my rig. That doesn’t bother me but may not be the lesser of two evils for someone else (who is looking for the utmost minimalism possible).
Now that said. I know for a fact if someone ordered Brian’s wing and told him it didn’t meet there expectation even for something as stupid as a pound or two of capacity on a particular setup. He would without question or hesitation make it right through refund or any means necessary.
If getting hung up on exact specifications works for your business model then great. If quality products and exceptional customer service is enough for Brian then what’s that to you.

Still waiting for you to show me where I "slapped" you......

Bold claim, zero back up.

Tobin

Let me make it clear. You were making some thinly veiled accusations that my wings were made by some "cut and sew" operation that didn't know squat about making wings. I was trying to extend my hand in kindness in an effort to make contact with you as another vendor / supplier that I could possibly use or work with in the in the future. Next you started in implying that I was not providing my customers with "accurate" information in your own special way, saying I didn't know what I was doing or that I was doing something less that honest. I have read gozillions of your posts containing the exact same passive aggressive stuff you are known for. Against my better judgement I was trying to befriend you early in the conversation but you kept kicking me in the nuts. So gloves came off. I spent almost 4 years 24/7, 365 bringing a new regulator to the market. Do you really think making a bag that holds air was going to tax my tenacity, resources or skill? Not even by a long shot. I will put what I have up against ANY on the market. I am damn proud of what I have accomplished (with help from countless others) and stand by my work 110%
I tried to take the high road on this one in an effort to make a friend and new business contact. Since that's not going to happen why don't we just agree to disagree and you go back to your sandbox and leave mine alone. Again I wish you nothing but happiness and success in the future and have no malice or ill will towards you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom