Vandenberg tech diving - Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sebtdi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello folks

Does anyone know a Charter Operator doing tech dives on the Vandy? and has doubles for rental. I want to dive it soo bad!

Yeah I've done it off Captains Corner. It's hit and miss on the current, in tech gear it can be challenging. I have no idea on rentals but you can pick some up in Key Largo on your way down at Horizon Divers.Enjoy!

You might get doubles from Finz. They used to have bunches.

They support tech diving

Tech gear is a real crap shoot down in the Keys. Horizon Divers in Key Largo is basically the only shop that has a large supply of doubles and deco bottles. They can be a little short with people who want to rent doubles and not dive with their operation at all, but they are willing to let you take them off site for a premium. Nearly every other shop won't allow you to dive doubles if you do not dive with them.

Captain's Corner had no problem with tech divers on their boat. If you have the experience using multiple tanks, I would recommend you do the dive with a set of AL80s and a stage plus deco to maximize your dive time (RT ~100 min).

I can’t help you find doubles, but lost reef has never had issues with long run times...or solo diving...so long as you have your shite together.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom