Vandenberg Purchased, Coming Soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't wait for the sinking of the Vandenberg! We have all been waiting on this. How do I know when the sinking is so I can get on a boat to watch it go down?

Keep watching here and bigshipwrecks.com and the local news. one of them will have it in time t see and diver her.

anyone hearing rumors of a date she will be divable?? I am trying to plan my summer trip and wondering what month I should plan to make sure that I get to see her on the bottom.

I don't think they've even moved her from what I've read...Some of the dive mags mentioned that she was heading down early this year, but haven't heard much?

Anyone still getting updates on it?

Anyone...?

VANDY is still in Norfolk. The project is going full-tilt now, with the final cleaning/remediation/preparation prior to towing underway, numerous inspections planned in the next few weeks, towing bids have been received and are under review, etc. The current working plan is to have the VANDY headed to KW towards the end of the month, and a May sinking target.

VANDY is still in Norfolk. The project is going full-tilt now, with the final cleaning/remediation/preparation prior to towing underway, numerous inspections planned in the next few weeks, towing bids have been received and are under review, etc. The current working plan is to have the VANDY headed to KW towards the end of the month, and a May sinking target.
Thanks, Mike...

I only hope I can be there for the sinking!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom