Vandenberg Purchased, Coming Soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They took out the roataing gear and nuckles for a number of reasons, and I think have done a marvelous job reattaching things topside to give a great didving profile and structure, now for the diver access and opening it up. I would say if it is done to the original plan, and there is good visibility on the site it is planned for, this will be the best roller coaster of all the amusement parks (until someone builds the newest, better roller coaster).
I wish the radford was going on a more diver friendly site, because the way the planning has gone on it, it too will be a very nice looking ship too dive.

They took out the roataing gear and nuckles for a number of reasons, and I think have done a marvelous job reattaching things topside to give a great didving profile and structure, now for the diver access and opening it up. I would say if it is done to the original plan, and there is good visibility on the site it is planned for, this will be the best roller coaster of all the amusement parks (until someone builds the newest, better roller coaster).
I wish the radford was going on a more diver friendly site, because the way the planning has gone on it, it too will be a very nice looking ship too dive.

Have you heard if the bigshipwrecks people are still the lead on this project or did they abandon it? I spoke with them at DEMA last year and they had planned on using explosives to blow out the cuts on the openings and sink the ship. They were even planning to video it with a bunch of cameras inside the ship as it blew and sank then sell video footage.
With the funding issues they may or may not still be involved, I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere. Their website still shows the project and has excellent drawings of the planned swim-through cuts and how it will look when sunk.

They are the leaders of this project, as far as I can tell (that is who I am communicating with). I do not know if there is increased oversight from the city or the banks, when I talked with Joe at the auction last wednesday, he was feeling and looking rather sick, but seemed to be in a much better spot at the conclusion of the sale. I do know that the initial grants (4.3 million) were to him, and that was what the banks were originally giving the bridge loan on, so I am sure he will be involved to the end, since the grants do not pay out until the ship is on the bottom

I just wonder, when they are talking april 24-26, did they mention what year? It has been a full month since the Vandenberg has been sold, and it has not been touched, or even moved, or have any activity whatsoever, and is still sitting tied up, sitting on the bottom, at colonnas shipyard gas free dock

Well, that sort of explains the lack of progress.
Am I the only one that thinks Colonas is trying to rip off Key West? I could see where they would have an issue with not being paid, but come on, trying to get KW to pay for something that even Colonas Lawyers are saying isnt sold? Even the Marshalls service is saying they have the title. What is Colonas trying to pull now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom