Vacuum pack drysuit undergarments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Andy's and a DUI 200 gram. Living in a motorhome right now so we have very little storage space. Can I store my DS undergarments in a space-saver bag? We are going to be living and travelling in this motorhome so I am bringing wet and dry gear. The dry suit undies may be stored this way several months at a time.
Thanks!

Sure you can store your fleece this way. :)

I have an Andy's and a DUI 200 gram. Living in a motorhome right now so we have very little storage space. Can I store my DS undergarments in a space-saver bag? We are going to be living and travelling in this motorhome so I am bringing wet and dry gear. The dry suit undies may be stored this way several months at a time.
Thanks!

I wouldn't. The underwear gets it's insulating value from air spaces betwen the fibers, however if you mash it too tightly for too long, the air spaces don't all come back.

You might find that you now own 100 Gram UW. This is why you're not supposed to store a sleeping bag in a stuff sack.

This might work OK with fleece, but will definitly not work well with any sort of fiberfill (hollow fill, etc.)

Terry

I would think so. That stuff will not crush without rebounding nicely.

Better to get rid of stuff that takes up other space so you can keep the undies out. Like maybe clothes you don;t use for diving, an older child that can fend for themself, etc.
You're right, the cats are packing their bags now! :)

Back
Top Bottom