Va. Tech shooting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you MODS for doing an fantastic job in cleaning up this thread.

I only wish it can continue on the subject...As sad a subject as it is. I myself have been crying over it on, and off, today.

Natasha:
Thank you MODS for doing an fantastic job in cleaning up this thread.

brown noser

:wink:

yeah, it had gone way off topic

but maybe that's a good thing, considering how terrible this subject is

for me, the bottom line is that a very disturbed individual did this; it makes no sense; it will never make sense. it's just a senseless taking of lives

btw, the guy is described a a loner, who was very unhappy/angry at the world. he wrote stuff in creative writing class that alerted his instructor, and he was referred to student counseling for services. this guy was a timebomb waiting to go off

H2Andy:
brown noser

:wink:

yeah, it had gone way off topic

this guy was a timebomb waiting to go off

I don't know..last time I looked my nose was kinda a pink tanish color. :)

Anyway, I guess it hit me hard having two sons in college right now. Jordan is graduating next month..as an engineer. I finally talked to him today..and he said..'yeah Mom..it could have been me.' :(

H2Andy, where did you find the info regarding the gunmans personality? I'd like to read more about him.

Ok Don't take this the wrong way, but enough with the news conferences already. I don't know which is more painful, listen to the endless ramblings of the people giving the news conferences, or the moronic questions the reports are asking.

Reporter: How did it feel to get shot?
Typical answer: it hurt.
The Correct answer: It Felt great! How the Freak do you think it felt?

I want to opine some more, thats how I deal.

News reports also said that he may have been taking medication for depression, that he was becoming increasingly violent and erratic

My opinion is the reason these shootings are increasing, is half the planet is on antidepressants.
Now, if the world looks black to you...there is a reason you don't have any energy and lie in the fetal position, it's a protective mechanism. You don't hurt yourself and you don't hurt others. These medications seem to transform pain to anger.

Same thing with teen suicides...they don't have the energy for a big plan, suicide takes energy. Put them on antidepressants and they now have motivation and the energy to do something.

Not saying the antidepressants are bad overall, maybe they help more people than they hurt...but society is bound to manifest itself differently once you add all these meds.

I have to admit...I am very disappointed in the police officers peeking out from behind trees. I wonder why several guys did not grab some makeshift shields and charge him? I know it sounds bad but I am most amazed at the lack of action, to be honest. Another example of being overcivilized.

If all that collective adrenaline had been channeled into survival mode instead of every body standing around contemplating their navels. I remember the day when SWAT teams were a bunch of guys who could run fast and did not mind shooting somebody that needed to be shot.

yea...I don't think it's video games or guns, I think it is prescribed medications. I wonder if the numbers correlate..

OH-JJ:
Ok Don't take this the wrong way, but enough with the news conferences already. I don't know which is more painful, listen to the endless ramblings of the people giving the news conferences, or the moronic questions the reports are asking.

Reporter: How did it feel to get shot?
Typical answer: it hurt.
The Correct answer: It Felt great! How the Freak do you think it felt?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom