UWLD Educational Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does that mean "the sequence doesn't matter?"
You are supposed to plug chargers into their power source before connecting them to the battery. In terms of order of SECS base to the Charger and battery to the SECS base, I don't think that order matters since I don't believe there are any circuits in the base.

You are supposed to plug chargers into their power source before connecting them to the battery.

From DiveRite:
To charge the battery
:
Remove the battery from the canister
Plug the red connector on the Smart Charger into the red (+) battery
receptacle on the battery pack.
Plug the black connector on the Smart Charger into the black (
) battery
-
receptacle on the battery back.
Plug the Smart Charger into a wall outlet.

@evad

from UWLD
All chargers should be plugged into their power source before connecting them to their power pack.

I'm going to listen to the guy that has a history in electrical engineering and designs lights for a living.

That said, the reason with DR, and I imagine LM have that recommendation is because the banana plugs can short if you plug the charger in first. Since there is a legitimate plug for the UWLD, that risk doesn't exist. I suspect it's a CYOA policy from DR to prevent people from electrocuting themselves or exploding a battery pack

evad is correct... in that Dive Rite says to plug the battery into the charger first. ...as written in the manual for my RX2.

@evad

from UWLD
All chargers should be plugged into their power source before connecting them to their power pack.

Thank you. I couldn't find it on the UWLD site...........sheesh.........:thumb:.

Back
Top Bottom