Uwatec Swiss Alladin Pro 1992

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sipadan

Registered
Reaction score
I just opened up my Uwatec Swiss Alladin Pro (Model 1992) dive computer for the first time (yup, took almost a quarter century, I guess thats what they call Swiss quality).
One of the cables leading to the battery compartment broke off and I wanted to see if I can replace it. I found the motherboard covered with a kind of soft silicon gel, filling out all empty spaces and obviously making it water- and pressure "proof". It looks like I have no choice than to cut out the silicon to get the the motherboard and replace it with "something" after soldering a new cable on it.
Does anyone have some suggestions what I could use to to water- and pressure proof it after my repair work? Off course it should be commonly available to a mortal being like me and not cost more than a new computer.
Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 1.29.40 PM.jpg

What about silicion used for waterproofing etc?

I wouldn't use a solid silicon anything until I knew for sure as it could affect the pressure reading of the depth sensor.

Brass Anchor probably knows - Dive Computer Battery. They're a possible source for the repair also if you don't diy.

Last edited:
Technically you want a Potting compound. Shoe goo should make a suitable alternative. Do not smear any on the pressure sensor. When repotting make sure you clean all of the cut edges so that the new "silicon" will seal to the existing compund. Otherwise over time you will get seepage between the old and the new "silicon".

That model is older than the models that are oil filled. You can tell by the edge of the case that there is no sealing surface for the membrane found in the oil filled models.

...That model is older than the models that are oil filled. You can tell by the edge of the case that there is no sealing surface for the membrane found in the oil filled models.
..That, and the screw on battery cover

I still have one of these and it works perfectly over 25 years after it was purchased.

i have done this many times just use devcon 2 ton epoxy 2 tubes usually does it but MAKE SURE TO FILL ALL THE SPACES i use a ultrasonic clear dry for about 5 mins it will get the mixture all down the nooks and crannies , you only get one chance to do it right but if it is done right will far exceed factory depth rating an is no problem to cut out the battery when you need to change it then just pot that area again ..............steve

i have done this many times just use devcon 2 ton epoxy 2 tubes usually does it but MAKE SURE TO FILL ALL THE SPACES i use a ultrasonic clear dry for about 5 mins it will get the mixture all down the nooks and crannies , you only get one chance to do it right but if it is done right will far exceed factory depth rating an is no problem to cut out the battery when you need to change it then just pot that area again ..............steve

could you elaborate on this a little more? I have never heard devcon epoxy or ultrasonic clear. Does this dry hard? or into a gel? Also the battery compartment on the op's computer is dry, and sealed with an o-ring. Are you suggesting he fill in the battery compartment too?

It sounded to me like the only reason the op had the back removed was because the battery wire broke off. I have done a few battery replacements on these and was always super carful with the wires, just because I was afraid of this happening.

Back
Top Bottom