UWATEC Smart Series: Voluntary Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My lds just called to let me know that Scubapro is accepting exchanges or upgrades on all smart recalls. I personally went with the alladin pro ultra console, since it was about $100.00 less than the smart I had they are going to throw in a datatrak mouse and compass for even exchange, makes me happy.

This is not the first dive computer to be recalled. Look in this forum for threads about the Vytec simplan bug. Five years ago when I bought my aladin pro nitrox there was a minor recall because a few units had their max po2 set to 1.7. Fortunately, this could be fixed at the dealer with a memo mouse.

The scary part is that lots of software has bugs and these bugs are showing up in a device where an error can cause serious injury or death, not to mention major inconvenience.

Presently owners of older hoseless air integrated aladin computers can't get their batteries replaced. There is some kind of trade in plan, but it usually results in more cash cost than a battery replacement would.

Aladin once had 85% of the market for dive computers. I continue to like my pro nitrox, but they better do something to get their house in order.

Got my box to return my Smart Com yesterday 7/31. So it took about two weeks to get my return box from the time I registered on their web site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom