Uwatec Smart Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am shopping for my first computer. I had my heart set on an Aeris Atmos 2. That is until I visited my local scubapro dealer. He immediately showed me the Uwatec (he also sells and dives Suunto). It seems to me that this is far and above the most advanced dive computer on the market. I am basing that statment on its microbubble supresion technology and the fact that is uses real time measurements (made every 4 seconds) to determine things like nitrogen loading. The only thing I am having a hard time swallowing is the price. Its $250 more than what I was epecting to pay for the Atmos 2. Does this all really work? Is it worth the extra money?

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
I am shopping for my first computer. I had my heart set on an Aeris Atmos 2. That is until I visited my local scubapro dealer. He immediately showed me the Uwatec (he also sells and dives Suunto). It seems to me that this is far and above the most advanced dive computer on the market. I am basing that statment on its microbubble supresion technology and the fact that is uses real time measurements (made every 4 seconds) to determine things like nitrogen loading. The only thing I am having a hard time swallowing is the price. Its $250 more than what I was epecting to pay for the Atmos 2. Does this all really work? Is it worth the extra money?

I use a suunto vytec and my wife uses the smartcom.The smartpro is the wrist version of the smartcom without air integration.I think it is a great computer .The smart series are the top of the line scubapro computers.They are easy to read and user friendly.My personal choice is to choose the smart pro over the aeris.I dont think you will be sorry.The pc logbook for the smart series computers are also great.

Also check into a vytec if your looking for a wrist mount setup with air integration.The suuntos are also some very durable and incredible computers.

I just ordered the SmartCom. I was using the Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox and never had a problem. I happen to really like the Uwatec product. I don't now about Aeris, never used one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom