Uwatec smart pro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The original battery is soldered to the circuit board. You need the LS 14500,
I got the battery off by carefully breaking the tack welds on the battery terminals with a razor blade. Will be soldering back in once the new ones arrive.

I have to read through the whole thread but have to figure out what rev board I have.

Ok so some news. I have two of the smart com's. Got my batteries today. Noticed rev E on the boards. First one soldered battery in. I have no "life" except the blue backlight comes on. Resetting does nothing. I get no beep not wrench icon. Nothing but blue light. Any ideas on this one?

The other I soldered in the battery, noticed no backlight but I did have the wrench!!! So I shorted the positive battery terminal to the hole 5mm above the positive terminal quickly. Then after a few tries of shorting the other two upper left terminals I got a beep!! And it came to life. I have the wrench symbol which I know "should" go away within a day or so. And I also got a blinking temp of 64 degree in the upper left and a reading of 21% O2 on the upper right. It also read the pressure of my tank accurately. So now just have to refill with unscented baby mineral oil tomorrow and give it a test run before diving Friday. The only other thing I'm wondering about on this one is that I have no battery level indicator on the screen. Or must it be completely reassembled and submerged for this to show? I've never touched these computers until now.

Any thoughts on the other one that just the back lighting comes on with the new battery? I tried taking it out and putting it back in multiple times with no joy. Same story just backlight.

Thanks everyone!

@cmsstoneworks ,
Checking the battery capacity(operating manual page 9)
After switching on Smart you can check the battery capacity by bridging contacts B and E. The remaining capacity is displayed for 3 seconds.
To reset the battery status you need USBRT software, which is also available for download here at threat

@cmsstoneworks ,
Checking the battery capacity(operating manual page 9)
After switching on Smart you can check the battery capacity by bridging contacts B and E. The remaining capacity is displayed for 3 seconds.
To reset the battery status you need USBRT software, which is also available for download here at threat
Thanks. Yep I figured out how to check the capacity. It's at 80%. I'll try downloading the software today.

Any ideas as to why the other one just lights up and nothing else?

Sorry, no idea
No worries. Thanks for all your help! Hopefully someone else chimes in that has seen that before. Im also going to call Brady (Formerly brass anchor) today and see if he thinks he can fix it.

update: no dice. Terry at Brady has never seen this issue happen before where nothing comes up on the screen except the backlight when the new battery is inserted. I have no idea the working condition of this unit prior as I got it with a dead battery.

Anyone have any other ideas? I checked for solder slag anywhere on the board and it looks clean. Would love to get this one up and running as a spare.

Back
Top Bottom