Uwatec Smart Owners!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heh...I'm the guy that gheeres lent his computer to the one day his SmartCom locked him out =) It was a fun day of diving...hehe. Now, I should probably shut up before he smacks me next time we're out diving.

I've never had a problem w/ the backlight on my SmartCom. I just kind of run a finger down the right side of it and it usually pops on w/ out problems. I just wish it stayed on a little longer.

In addition to getting a SmartCom that doesn't calculate RBT properly, mine also will not accept any data transfers from the computer...so I can't set backlight time...air warnings...all that good stuff.

Still waiting on my LDS to get me a new one.

Diversauras once bubbled...

To the computer it is all just ones and zeros. The problems they are having are mechanical, whether installation ot a process or a failed bunch of chips.

You may be right, but if it was mechanical you think they'd have caught it in testing (I know mine was tested - the test dives are still in it). Also, does the unit show the actual tank pressure (i.e. does it reduce over the dive)

I think the algorithm inside is a little more than "ones and zeros":). If the pressure gauge and timers are working then there must definitely be something wrong with the way the unit calculates RBT.

Grant

Yes, the computer still shows the correct tank pressure.

And, although to the computer it may be just ones and zeros...they aren't that to the programmers that wrote the code to do the calculations! :D

Having done programming before...bugs are easy to create. Easier than I'd like...but this is a pretty frickin obvious bug you'd think would have been found during the test dives, of which there were 7 on my SmartCOM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom