UWATEC PRO ULTRA vs Veo200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lunyz

New
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I've been researching to find what would be the best choice for a diving computer.

After a lot of hours connected to Internet, visiting stores, asking friends about it, I've become wiser but more confused.

No one seems to have the answer for my dilema. When I was just about to buy the Oceanic Veo200, a friend who happens to be an instructor and an Uwatec dealer, but previously was an everything-Oceanic owner... told me "don't buy Oceanic... instead buy Aeris or Suunto if you don't buy Uwatec".

Aparently he has had pretty bad experiences with Oceanic... his reg has been more time in repairing than in use, his computer had to be replaced...but after having the new one it worked ok.... I think.

I like to know what time and date are, but more important is to know bottom time and surface interval.

What really makes me doubt is the reliability of the computer among these two I've already filtered. And which would be safer but not annoying making me do weird things underwater trying to follow all indications and forcing me to be somewhere but where my buddy is.

Is it really better the Buhlmann's than the Haldanean algorithm?

How much could vary the results of calculating time to fly than countdown according to tables?

Anybody knows how to make the interface for Veo200?.. I know how to for Pro Ultra, but not for the other one.

Thanks a lot

Lunyz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom