Uwatec Lawsuit Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

negrats

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit that I can join into?

with regard to the Uwatec recall and many postings.
This does not seem legal to recall your computer and not compensate in anyway shape or form. Yes Im one of the ones that has had their computers recalled. It was a gift and LP will not do anything.

Im without a computer for 90 days (the entire year were I live).

Im not a lawyer, but this does not see fair or legal especially for one of the more expensive computers on the market.

Want to know what can be done legally (as in lawsuit) for compensation. I have talked to Uwatec for a loaner and thats all I get is the run around.

Help!

negrats once bubbled...
Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit that I can join into?

with regard to the Uwatec recall and many postings.
This does not seem legal to recall your computer and not compensate in anyway shape or form. Yes Im one of the ones that has had their computers recalled. It was a gift and LP will not do anything.

Im without a computer for 90 days (the entire year were I live).

Im not a lawyer, but this does not see fair or legal especially for one of the more expensive computers on the market.

Want to know what can be done legally (as in lawsuit) for compensation. I have talked to Uwatec for a loaner and thats all I get is the run around.

Help!

Is it a voluntary recall? If so, then aren't you "volunteering" to send it in?

Even if not, I fail to see how someone should be compensated for not being able to use the computer...What are your damages? You can still dive, albeit without the computer you sent in.

People say its the attorneys that are the problem, but I think its the mindset of the people. :)

scubasean once bubbled...

Is it a voluntary recall? If so, then aren't you "volunteering" to send it in?

Even if not, I fail to see how someone should be compensated for not being able to use the computer...What are your damages? You can still dive, albeit without the computer you sent in.

People say its the attorneys that are the problem, but I think its the mindset of the people. :)

Amen!

I doubt you can get a law suit out of this one. Afterall, you can't sue an automobile manufacture when they recall certain car for faulty part.
Of course I am sure that some lawyers might want a crack at it, afterall, they can still get your retainer fee, right, so regardless, the lawyer wins :)
I think the mind set of people is not the only thing to blame, afterall the lawyers are doing a pretty good job of conditioning the general population to always look for any opportunity for a lawsuit very well.
Well, I am getting off the soapbox now.

I don't think U stand a chance in court... Uwatec showed their responsability by Ordering the recalls...

Unless U can prove U have suffered Physical damage because of the alledged "bugs" in the computers software.

And above that. It's the first Line in all their manuals. NO DIVE COMPUTER WILL PREVENT.......yadayada. BTW Not having the Computer does not prohibit U to Dive does it? If it does... shame on you!!!

But I think U r correct that they should provide u with a loaner. But I heard that was policy... Has nothing to do with diving. Just with common politeness. U spent a lot of money On a gadget U cannot use now.

Many

Dear consumer
LP is not an authorized uwatec/scubapro dealer, so don't look for any warranties to be honored by scubapro. in order to get anything from the company, i mean anything, you must first purchase your product from a "authorized" dealer. believe me, i've learned the hard way..:eek:

I'm just as P.O.'d about the recall as anyone else. The computers will be gone our entire season and there is nothing we can do. Use your gauges and charts! I feel they have been quite responsible about the recall, I was sent the letter via overnight fed-ex. Has anyone gotten the new unit yet? As far as LP, I believe SP will still honor the recall.

this is gonna cause a flame but what the hay

Well what did you expect when you bough a dive computer from a company who main biz is watchs not computers. alot of there problems are the result of third party contracters and not doing a proper QC and QA before they leave the plant.

why dont you just get rid of it and buy a american made computer with a better set of features (buy a cochran)

<Flame Shield stays on>

Back
Top Bottom