Wanted Uwatec Galileo Luna Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, my error, I should have taken the transmitter off. Last time I was in the water it worked. A question though, if it was somehow flooded wouldn't there be evidence of it and what would it be?

Yes, my error, I should have taken the transmitter off. Last time I was in the water it worked. A question though, if it was somehow flooded wouldn't there be evidence of it and what would it be?
Oh, dear . . . how well do you trust the service professional? Your transmitter could have been swapped for a non-working one.
If flooded, you will find water and streaks inside the cap of the transmitter.
Make sure the tiny HP orifice is not blocked on the transmitter, nor on the 1st stage. If you are not sure, try a different HP port. Toothpick is good.
The 'computer board' is nothing but a transmitter. The transducer that measures pressure is inside the steel part.
If you cannot get it to work with the cap off, screwed in with fresh battery, you need to send it in.

The last time I did it, new transmitters were $400 and they sold me a refurbished for $200. That was four years ago.

Oh, dear . . . how well do you trust the service professional? Your transmitter could have been swapped for a non-working one.
If flooded, you will find water and streaks inside the cap of the transmitter.
Make sure the tiny HP orifice is not blocked on the transmitter, nor on the 1st stage. If you are not sure, try a different HP port. Toothpick is good.
The 'computer board' is nothing but a transmitter. The transducer that measures pressure is inside the steel part.
If you cannot get it to work with the cap off, screwed in with fresh battery, you need to send it in.

The last time I did it, new transmitters were $400 and they sold me a refurbished for $200. That was four years ago.

You know Jax, I would have never even thought of something like this. I have been using this guy for ever and referred all our club members to him. He is the So Cal rep for Atomic and a Padi course director. He also is the master tech Padi uses for gear service instruction.
I could not imagine this guy would do anything like it.
But you are correct, I just need to be careful.

I will try everything you suggested and let you know. Thanks much.

Reactions: Jax

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I deleted a large number of posts that quoted previous posts but did not add any additional information. I also deleted posts that referred to that situation.

If it won't, turn it off and wait one minute. Turn it on again. If nothing . . . well, mail it to the ScubaPro dealer. I have one like that right now.

I forgot to say - you MUST purge the reg after turning off the reg or the transmitter won't turn off.

I forgot to say - you MUST purge the reg after turning off the reg or the transmitter won't turn off.

Incorrect. It will turn off after ~1min of no pressure change.

Last edited:
May I ask why you have so many transmitters?

I'm a gear whore. :D

@Murky Waters - I'm sorry, I'm a smart alice . . . I sidemount independent doubles. That is two.
I have two deco gasses. That's four.
If I have travel gas, it may be #5 & #6 . . .
I have a Recreational regulator - that's 7.

I found older Uwatec Techs for sale with one or two transmitters, for the same price as 1 new transmitter.
I bought them and either resold or gifted the computers.

Lost my Sol at the Ledges dive site near Jupiter FL. :cry:
Still have the transmitters. Bought another . . . Yeah, I have 11.

The Sol trimix version will track 10 tanks. And the Buddy. :thumb:

Incorrect. It will turn off after 2mins of no pressure change.
Making me hit the manual.

Pg 14 of the manual:

To maximize the life of the battery, the transmitter turns itself off when there is no pressure change for more than 40 seconds. It also turns itself off when the pressure is 14bar/200psi or less.

However, a small leak will cause the pressure to change (such as something slightly pressuring the purge during travel) and it will kill the battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom