Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra Air/Nitrox Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflyprops

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well...I was diving at Blue Springs here in Florida today and for some strange reason my depth gauge gave up the ghost in my suunto console (about three or four years old) so I figure it's time to get a computer (an omen?!!?). I have been looking at many computers, suunto cobra, vyper etc. and just came across some of the Uwatec stuff... I have aspirations toward nitrox in the near future and was looking at the Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra Air/Nitrox computer, but it is recommended only for nitrox certified divers...which I am not. But I do want something that is nitrox capable, do they say this for liablility reasons or are there operations on the computer which require nitrox knowledge?? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated!

Thanks for all of your help!
Adam

The Pro Ultra will handle all your air needs and nitrox when you are ready. I just got one also and only dive air for now (21%). It's a great computer and very reliable :)

I have a SmartCom and the basic functions on it are similar to the Pro ultra. The default setting is for 21% oxygen. You have to go through some deliberate steps to change this.

The Uwatec comps are just fine for use with or without Nitrox.

I believe that the comment about only Nitrox divers using it is a question of legal liability. There is nothing in any Nitrox course that I know of that gives specific instruction on how to use the Pro Ultra!!

Although I dive 21% only, I bought the Aladdin Pro Nitrox in case I tried nitrox. I've been very happy with it. After some 600 dives with it, the battery is still at 66% so there's a lot of life in those batteries! I find it is a good, conservative computer and the only criticism I have is that min. temperature can only be determined by downloading the computer with the Memo Mouse.

Dr. Bill

Hey Adam, just wanted to drop a note and say high neighbor :wink: We dive blue springs , alexendria, devils den, ginnie, and so on, drop us a note if your looking for some dive buddies to cavern and cave with, :wink:

Im also in the market for a new wrist mount puter, check out cochran computers also, im looking at there air intergrated, nice puter does everything you need from a nitrox puter, till of course you get to trimix which we hope to be by next summer :wink:

Thanks for the great info, I'm sure it will definitly influence my decision(s)! I'll let you know when I make it/them.

Thanks,
Adam

Ditto with drbill, the Aladin Nitrox is a solid computer and the Nitrox capability you can grow into. Just remember, no computer guarantees against DCS, as seeing the dive time left (NDL) will actually cause you to dive longer than you would with the tables.

I have to agree with Dr Bill, my Pro Nitrox hasn't given me a moments trouble. The thing I really like about the Aladin series though, is that the display is big and easy to read, not hundreds of displays squeezed into the area of a normal wrist watch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom