Uwatec Aladin Pro - constant beeping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apdz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there, After having an 8 year break from diving, found my old aladin pro dive computer. Put it under tap water to switch it on... and since then it wont stop beeping. It's been almost 2 days now... Anyone know how to make it stop/fix the problem?

It beeps constantly for ten seconds, then this screen flashes for 2 seconds .... an odd screen shown below flashes for 2 seconds... then beeps again and screen etc.

Any ideas?

IMG_5959.jpg

Send it in via the local scuba pro shop.

It's a error found during diagnostics. Scuba Pro / Uwatec can do the battery and check it out.

It is a design characteristic that when a Uwatec fails, it is obvious. No guessing whether it works correctly - it works, or it does not. There is no maybe.

I would say, dead battery

Ask what they're going to want to fix it first.

It could be the battery - some of them run upwards of $150 to be replaced since some old Uwatec's have a soldered in battery immersed in oil. Mine died around the 6-7th year from new.

I kept the money and bought a computer with a user-serviceable battery instead.

There are old posts on how to change the battery for Aladin Pro.
It is not difficult at all.

Thanks guys, will look have a search about the battery swap and see if there's a shop around that might look into it.

Seems odd that it beeps 24/7. I would have expected it to only beep when I turn it on and switch off after a few minutes. Constant beeping is mind warping... I'm on the brink of smashing it haha

There are old posts on how to change the battery for Aladin Pro.
It is not difficult at all.
it is only easy if you know what you are doing. even if you do, it is quite messy. there are a few 3rd party services that will perform the battery replacement. or if you are VERY handy you can do it yourself.

every time i do one i ask myself "am i stupid?".

I saw theres 2 different types. The one where the battery comes out of the side of the unit seems easy enough to replace.. the type u open the back of with oil inside it seems much harder. Anyway... will get to the bottom of it.

I saw theres 2 different types. The one where the battery comes out of the side of the unit seems easy enough to replace.. the type u open the back of with oil inside it seems much harder. Anyway... will get to the bottom of it.

Based upon your title of "Aladin Pro" I assumed it was the "new" model that does not have the battery door. But i am wrong. The "old" small display model rebadged by Beuchat (and others) was also labelled as a "pro".

it is easy to figure out - on the old model, look at the side (or the other side) and you will see (or not) a small round battery door with 2 indents. Or you can look at the lcd display and it will be "small".

this link New & Used Scuba Dive Gear - Beuchat Aladin Pro Computers - Discount Divers Supply shows the face of the older model that has the battery door.

this link Remplacement de la pile d'un Aladin Pro shows the newer model and contains info on how to swap the battery (but only if you "Parlez-vous français?")

it is only easy if you know what you are doing. even if you do, it is quite messy. there are a few 3rd party services that will perform the battery replacement. or if you are VERY handy you can do it yourself.

every time i do one i ask myself "am i stupid?".
1. It was not that messy.
2. It was not that difficult either. The first one was difficult but the 2nd one took no more than 30mins.
3. The local SP is charging at least US$100.00 for the bother. So I must have saved at least US$180.00 for the two units that I had successfully completed.

---------- Post added March 10th, 2015 at 10:30 AM ----------

Your enclosed picture shown it is Aladin Pro as it has THREE contact points at tthe bottom. This is the one packs with oil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom