uwatec aladin prime - ok to use or replace?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since the battery was user replaceable on this particular model how exactly do you think the computer would have started to eat them up after the first replacement? The only thing that would make sense would be some sort of reboot protocol that had to be followed after replacing the battery. If that was the case the manufacturer would have printed it in the manual.

My point is that these batteries are not selling like hot cakes and depending on how long they are stored in some obscure shop may have a very limited capacity left at the time when they are installed in the computer. I had this happen to me (on another model but also with 2450 battery) and it was caused by the fact that the "new" battery was almost dead when installed. Subsequently I took care to buy fresh ones and never had a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom